RD fired up and MOT'd

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Richard Bullock

RD fired up and MOT'd

#1 Post by Richard Bullock » Mon Mar 14, 2005 1:32 am

Wednesday evening whilst cleaning up in the garage i lifted the cover on the RD and heard a whisper - try me i will fire up and run sweet, forget the Fireblade it's my turn i have been sat here for 18 months.<br>So i pulled off the covers,put in a gallon of fresh juice, put the tap to prime and started kicking, ten kicks later she fired up. Okay only on the top 2 as usual, pick up the revs and the bottom 2 fired up but cut out as the revs drop back down , blip the throttle and the bottom chime back in. Glorious sound and addictive smell. Well not wanting to rip off the bodywork and strip the carbs i decide run her up and down the road a couple of times to seee if she will settle down and run on all four pots. Bingo. Quick phone call to my local bike shop and she is booked in for a MOT as long as i am there when they open, NO problem. Sailed straight through, road tax obtained same day. Friday and Saturday out on the road. This is sheer bliss. The Fireblade is faster, brakes better, probably handles better but i feel more comfortable on the RD and more importantly the old girl is far more enjoyable to ride, and when you pull up at the shop the attention she gets would upset any Blade owner any day. Roll on some warmer days and long summer evenings.
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

bullockr@pearce.co.uk