Eminent Domain questions

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

Eminent Domain questions

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Mon May 22, 2023 10:45 am

I am going to be having a big issue. Anyone have any experience on this forum with this issue. Please no doom sayers. I am hoping the entity is fair and honest as said in the legal info I have read. Hoping someone knows something. Thanks in advance.

Luther

Re: Eminent Domain questions

#2 Post by Luther » Mon May 22, 2023 12:25 pm

So is a hiway going through your house? I only have a handfull of long distance friends in planet Houston and you've been there a long time so i'm sure you know how it goes down. There is a new turnpike loop going around the south east corner of Oklahoma City and the state can't confirm any legality to the 20 year process but it doesn't slow the stream of crap coming out of their mouths. There seem to be way more wealthy banker lawyers potentialy loosing property than getting their pockets lined so its turned into quite the loosing battle for the state. You said entity so im thinking corporation like pipeline or cell tower. Need more info.

Hey Paul, I live 2 miles off I-35 in Norman if you need a stop on the way to Topeka this weekend. There is also a CMRA race at Hallett so were watching the weather, its been raining for a month.

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Smoker » Mon May 22, 2023 7:01 pm

Wish I could help you, brother.

My family is Native American and live on a reservation in AZ. As you can imagine, I'm very sensitive to these issues.

Best of luck with this.

rz500guytexas

#4 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue May 23, 2023 1:36 pm

I am hoping all will be good and I have what they call a Bona Fide Fair Offer. We will go back and forth. I hope they do not insult me going off the appraisal. I can not help if they never come and see what I built. I homesteaded it also. One of my buddies says fight it. I explained to him, losing situation. Brought up what has happened in the past with Native Americans. It will never stop. I am hoping one gentleman I spoke with that recently sold his property for a water well plant will help. An attorney said be sure to get an affidavit for a settlement statement on his selling price. If I have to leave it is the starting again in a new place at my age. Not as simple when we are younger. Will keep an update. Expecting the letter in 1 to 3 months. Construction is 3 years down the road. I just do not like the waiting and not being personally being told what is going to happen.