Pictures of R6 mods while checking bolt torque

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

Pictures of R6 mods while checking bolt torque

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Bunch of pictures of mods while I am checking bolts and doing annul inspection. Have not done any pictures in a while. Steve did the fabricating on suspension, Rick Lance did the filters, carbs, and cooling circuits. I added brakes and suspension stuff. Hope it helps those wanting to do the same. Shock was located in stock position but used adjustable shock clevis. Shock needs stiffer spring, over 1,100 lb. and more pressure (170 psi) on reservoir due to extra length of R6 swingarm. Air breathers are as light as can be and have held up great. The extra radiator does the back cylinders and everything flows through the stock radiator. Rear sets are CRG with a Ducati base, GSXR pegs and levers with a special mount. Clutch is Brembo master with Oberion slave. It still needs random bleeding due to micro bubbles that somehow form. Usually good for a track day and a quick bleed at top clears it. Brembo brake which is adjustable in and out and on leverage ratio for rain or more gradual feel. The exhaust pipes had to be moved in due to dragging at the track. I accidentally had them on the wrong side of bracket down low. The PV motor was relocated due to hitting swingarm. If i left the hole open would of been OK. Hope this helps those that are thinking about the mods.

rzmax

Re: Pictures of R6 mods while checking bolt torque

#2 Post by rzmax » Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:35 pm

I have a weekend cruiser with the R6 stuff done by RGV Steve that handles just fine for Sunday twisty rides. I am building another RZV for the track that has the R6 stuff as well. I will definitely take your rear shock mods into consideration for the track build. Is that additional radiator a kit Rick used to sell? Would like more info on that set up especially the routing of the hoses if possible? Thanks for sharing all pics and info!

kpke

#3 Post by kpke » Thu Oct 20, 2022 8:39 am

Hi Max. How about putting up a build thread on this forum to liven this place up a little bit? :grin: You might get a few "suggestions" here and there.
rzmax wrote: Wed Oct 19, 2022 3:35 pm I have a weekend cruiser with the R6 stuff done by RGV Steve that handles just fine for Sunday twisty rides. I am building another RZV for the track that has the R6 stuff as well. I will definitely take your rear shock mods into consideration for the track build. Is that additional radiator a kit Rick used to sell? Would like more info on that set up especially the routing of the hoses if possible? Thanks for sharing all pics and info!
Ken's Garage YouTube Channel :smt023
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1

1985 RZ500 (R6 suspension & body work)

rzmax

#4 Post by rzmax » Thu Oct 20, 2022 2:06 pm

Will do once I get my frame back as I'm getting a bung welded on for a damper.

rz500guytexas

#5 Post by rz500guytexas » Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:30 pm

I need a damper but can not force myself to weld on the frame. I agree on updates. The site has been a bit of a bore. I am to blame also since the TZ. A lot of knowledge still here for those that are willing to read and keep an open mind. Each bike is suited to what a person wants and most important to me what it will be used for. Trailer queen, garage queen, weekend rider, track day, or competition. We have all gone down these roads and if if you keep an open mind your passion will become reality.

500Matt

#6 Post by 500Matt » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:16 pm

Hi, did you have to make any modifications for fork clearance with Oil Reservoir?
Thanks !

rz500guytexas

#7 Post by rz500guytexas » Thu Feb 16, 2023 10:44 am

I added a 3/8 inch spacer behind the tank between frame. Close but clears

500Matt

#8 Post by 500Matt » Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Great thanks for that , really helpful 👍👍

rz500guytexas

#9 Post by rz500guytexas » Fri Feb 17, 2023 12:39 pm

You can see the spacer in the 10th picture. Some people have heated the tank and reformed it.

500Matt

#10 Post by 500Matt » Fri Feb 17, 2023 5:34 pm

Perfect , really helpful, I did manage to buy a second oem oil tank at right price just in case …

Can I ask also , do you know how many links you’re using in chain?