Calling RZV STEVE…

Need a special, hard-to-find part? Ask for it here!

Moderator: rztom

FlyingBoat

Calling RZV STEVE…

#1 Post by FlyingBoat » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:06 pm

We need you man! Are you up for making any RZV parts again?

Thanks,
Robert (in Ormond, Florida)
1985 RZ500S Sold
1985 52X/RZV Project

steveho

Re: Calling RZV STEVE…

#2 Post by steveho » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:51 am

Think you might mean RGV Steve……
(I’ve never had contact with him, but heard he has ‘retired’ from making bike bits, but maybe wrong…?)

rz500guytexas

Re: Calling RZV STEVE…

#3 Post by rz500guytexas » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:25 pm

After seeing this I called him. No bike stuff for him any longer. He is doing fine and sounded happy and healthy. Interesting life working on rocket shit. It all fizzled a number of years ago. This was especially true with all the arguing about linkage location. I told him and he agreed all problems solved with an adjustable shock that people did not want to seem to buy. These are old bikes that will never handle like a modern bike. Swingarm technology alone is boggling. Look at Honda outsourcing swingarms on their GP bikes. There is not enough demand and being retired he does not want the hassle I am sure. Nigel over in the UK does them. Steve said he even has some type of adjustable link or something. He along with a lot off us on the site are getting older and the wealth of knowledge will be gone soon with no one willing to step in it seems. Electric start and fuel injection sound better every time I go out to kick start my bikes. But each time I take to the track on the TZ it is quickly forgotten about.