It has been a while Barber AHRMA 2022 with video

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

It has been a while Barber AHRMA 2022 with video

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:05 pm

Will keep it short as I can with last three rounds i rode in. I will add some pictures as I settle back in. Video is at end. Blackhawk with a third, Gingerman with a crash and COVID, and Barber with a stupid fifth. Blackhawk in my opinion dangerous so rode with caution and with attrition a third on Suday. Gingerman was next again a bit sketchy with run off being a bit dangerous. I saw 10 inch holes on the exit of some corners on curbing. Corner crews and ambulance I will give a D-. Saw one guy crash in last race and was unconscious for well over a minute with bike on him. Took 4 people to get an SV 650 of him. Had injuries but burns that should not of been so bad. Three of us crashed in one corner due to poor clean up. Ruined my weekend.

And then Barber. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. What a great place. Great facility, beautiful track, the fans, absoloutley wonderful neighbors. Had som e ladies from the Moto America Build and Race program next to me. Helped them with stands and warmers and my other neighbors were just as great. Blew my engine on the TZ on Friday and a young guy helped with rebuild Friday afternoon. 3 hours and good to go. Took it to the on site dyno Saturday morn so I would be sure it was ready and got 72 HP out of a rich engine. Rode race on Saturday and changed gearing for two races on Sunday. Found out after race what i thought was a slipping clutch to be toasted tires. The guy that took my position said I was laying 20 yards of rubber out of every corner. ( waiting on his video). Was a great race to only celebrate a half a lap early and take a fifth.

Was a great season and hope to continue. Visit doc on the prostrate C and if all good will train a bit more since I am better at riding the TZ. Next event is annual COTA after Thanksgiving and the 500 will be there with fresh rubber. She need to be out strutting her stuff.

BARBER VIDEO Hope you all enjoy. I edited a lot of laps out. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5Mr84aZBK4

kpke

Re: It has been a while Barber AHRMA 2022 with video

#2 Post by kpke » Sat Oct 15, 2022 8:59 am

Another great video Paul. Sorry to hear about your crash.

What was the cause of your engine failure?
Ken's Garage YouTube Channel :smt023
https://www.youtube.com/c/KensGarage1

1985 RZ500 (R6 suspension & body work)

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by lost1750GTV » Sat Oct 15, 2022 10:35 am

You're getting faster!
A little dirt tracking there, always good to throw some of that in for entertainment purposes.

rz500guytexas

#4 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Oct 18, 2022 9:16 pm

Engine issue was circlip. I remember one went in easy. Should of taken it out. Will remember next time. I went to the hill where spectators were and they just said oh shit when it happened. I am getting faster and I should of replaced the tires Sunday morn. No telling how much time I was loosing spinning all the time. Edge grip was still pretty good with a few minor slides that were controllable. Hope I get the video from the guy that passed me. He said he was on my tail the entire race. He did say I rode well. made me feel good coming from someone with more talent.