RG400/5 - Giving Up on Project - What would you do?

Sub forum for RG400/RG500 owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

tonyhes

RG400/5 - Giving Up on Project - What would you do?

#1 Post by tonyhes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:24 pm

I've always enjoyed motorcycles, especially fixing them up. I've bought parts of bikes hunted for parts all over to rebuild them and restore them.

But this RG thing seems to have broken me. Maybe its the time in my life, the splitting up with the GF, my ongoing preference to fitness. And probably just the miserable cost of everything. Some of the people I speak with too, uhh! At one time I would have been so charged to look at this stuff... Now its all junk. Some of it valuable junk but.

I've never been able to locate a whole bike and can't compete dollar wise with somebody who has FU money.

What would you guys do? Part it all out. Sell it in a lot?
Have you done this before?

Tony
(sad)

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RG400/5 - Giving Up on Project - What would you do?

#2 Post by Smoker » Wed Sep 14, 2022 5:09 am

tonyhes wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 11:24 pmWhat would you guys do? Part it all out. Sell it in a lot?
Well, I've sold A LOT of individual parts, and for me, it was a huge pain in the ass. I made money, but it wasn't worth all the time it took to prep, package, driving to the post office and standing in line there. Takes time to advertise all the parts, and follow up, as well.

Depends what your time is worth, and how much you need the money. You should make much more money and have much less time parting it out.