For Sale: RG500 Bike + project bike/parts

Sub forum for RG400/RG500 owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Peter DK

For Sale: RG500 Bike + project bike/parts

#1 Post by Peter DK » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:36 pm

For sale RG500 bike + bike project .
I Build up a RG500 in the spring of 2020 as the pandemic had us locked up anyway.
It was on Danish plates years ago but the Reg. Fee’s was paid out and hence it lost its title ..
I can be run thru the danish system again to obtain a new title but will take a couple months + and cost registration fee’s in a new system that’s a lot more expensive today.
Had I done it last year it would probably have been fairly cheap but now it’s not.😞
( now the high prices will effect the fee’s a whole lot)
I had it started up and ran it for 4-5 days on test plates and it’s nice and drives well. (why no one tell me it'll lift the wheel, in a left turn at 6500rpms Lol)
Build up from all original parts except the mirrors.
Engone is a rebuild spare engine from the old chap that build this with me, a old race driver. of RG's. he reckons its done less than a 1000km and have been turned over while sitting on the shelf.
Some fairing had small damage which is repaired and overall not bad. But all original

new alloy cooler is purchased )
New brake hoses are fitted , double lines / banjo
Carbs are vapor blasted and cleaned
The is only one black inner fairing (left I think, good fond) Right side inner is missing
Front seat needs new cover to be nice
The good:
There are a set of original wheels
The side fairings are painted and has new logos
There is a fiberglass copy buttom fairing - needs final works, sanding and paint
Bike comes with the release paper from the danish insurance company and permit to bring to Danish MOT/test.
BUT HAS NO TITEL ! Hense selling it cheaper so its worth it to run it thru the local system
price …. EURO 15.600 / UK Pounds 13.000
••••••••••••••

Also I have a Parts Project with Aprox 65-70% of the parts accounted for.
See this link for 220 pictures of parts included:
https://photobucket.com/u/PeterBrauner/ ... b4b8b0f830

Frame is straight and complete but has no number / type plate. PLEASE NOTE !!!
complete front end (very clean legs ) + rear swinger, linkage, rear shock . All suspension is there / Minus a front axel its a complete rolling chassis!
Tank in very good cond + a good clean petcock + a spare for parts ( broken housing but could maybe be welded ? )
Complete set of carbs (only needs new jets and float pins), vapor blasted and cleaned + complete cables / linkage
Power valve controller and box + rectifier etc
Harness and contacts , believe all electrics are there incl head light with new plastic bowl + rear / license plate light
engine sides, covers and brackets + bolts etc
Gearbox parts misc
Gsx.R wheels , 3.0" front + 4.0" rear
1986 18” rear wheel
Comeplete rear brake set up + a second in spares, more than 1 set of footpegs , holders etc, mostly vapor blasted and cleaned
Lower fairing brakcets, new brake rear disc, new sprocket rear
Battery holder etc
RG400 instruments plus spare temp RG500. needs new bezel
And loads more parts. —- see pictures and ask
Total price for all parts :
Euro . 4200,- …. / UK pounds .. 3500,-
+ shipping
•••••••••••••••
The bike and all parts can purchased together as a package deal for
Euro : 17.900,- and UK Pounds 14.900,-

Please Note: i've tried to be very accurate on the listing but during the last month i did sell of a few parts , so please dont kill me if there are a few smaller parts gone compared to pictures. exam. there one gear selector arm sold off , 2 left :)
Thinking if making a deal we'll do a video session due to magnitude of bike + parts :) facetime , whatsapp etc.

Mostly interested in a straight deal , only trade of interest would be a Porsche 948S late version Auto or maybe a 968 :)
Looking forward and will be availabke for questions etc.

Best wishes ,
Peter