MOTO GP BEST SEASON IN YEARS

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

MOTO GP BEST SEASON IN YEARS

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:31 pm

We all know with Marquez not injured this all would of played out differently. But wow. The first race just showed how disrespectful he was of the bike and his capabilities. Short seaon so get thru it uninjured. Possibly needing another surgery to repair a non healing fracture, who know what his future holds. Enough of that, still an incredible talent. The season continued to change week to week with some bikes still being able to be developed. The major players going backwards. KTM development and Suzuki's incredible year has been impressive to watch. New tires from Michelin that Suzuki was able to build around.

Then we have some of the horrendous accidents that could of been carreer or life ending. I believe after watching Rossi's face after the Zarco, Morbidelli accident he would not finish the race. But to see Morbidelli get into an ambulance on his own was a miracle. I believe that accident took Rossi's drive and focus away. Poor performing bike did not help. But others stepped up to make for fantastic racing. Nine different winners in the GP class. Some of the cleanest, closest racing, and all with the new riders for the future of GP racing looks great. Most all of them stuck to protocols with COVID and gave us a good show. Then Rossi decides to break rules and goes back to Italy getting COVID along with members of his team. He looked very tired at his first race back. Wish he could have gotten that 200th podium with the factory team.

Then there is Suzuki who in five years has proven being the smallest team of the big players that consistency and handling gives you a championship. Not to mention Mir. His interview a few races ago about his answer to stress showed why he has the championship title. " Saying real stress in not having money to pay rent, a job, or food on the table. I get paid to race motorcycles this is not stress. " Everyone in the podium celebrating seemed happy and truly congratulate one another for their fellow ridering accomplishments. Jack Millers constant grin, Morbidelli's well spoken interviews, they all seem happy. Then we have several departure with Dovi and the intensity from Cal Crutchlow will be missed. Hope he can turn Yamaha around.

All in all one of the best season ever. Carmelo Ezpeleta and DORNA should be proud to have pulled of the best and closest racing off all motorsports this year with the COVID virus and shortened season. Back to back races and to end it at the Potimao Circuit in Portugal was icing on the cake. This needs to become permanent on the calender. Reminded me of Caldwell Circuit. All the riders enjoyed it, especially Olivera winning his home race with his family there. Can not wait to see what next season will bring and what riders will still be competitive. Hope we get over this virus and see the stands full with 100,000 fans as it should be.