Schooled by 10 year old. VIDEO AND PICTURES

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

Schooled by 10 year old. VIDEO AND PICTURES

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:53 am

A track day provider managed a day at a private track, Harris Hill in San Marcos Texas. Freshley resurfaced. Took 500 and 250. Ride 500 in morning and 250 later in day. Thought had a female instructor showing me lines. Finally went to find her because I was assigned an instructor earlier in day. Located their garage and asked where the instructor was. A gentelman said was he in a high visibility suit and I said yes. He said it was his son. The 10 year old introduces himself. He is riding a NSF 250 Honda. Was very impressive riding with him. He showed me around the track for the few seconds each lap I could stay with him. Last session of the day he worked with me and managed to drop 6 seconds by end of the day with his help. Came by at end of day to look at my bikes and asked to sit on them. All good I said. He even asked if he could turn the throttle because he did not know if it would flood the engine. Father has taught him well. Dad said plans are Europe soon to groom for future Moto 3 ride. I wish him and his family the best and told his dad to call me for any help I could provide networking or what ever my budget allows now that I am retired. Two funny moments was suspension guy was talking with someone on last session and asked who the kid was riding with little Mikey on the smoker, it was me. Other moment was a track rider landing in a pond before front straight. Still learning my way around the 250. Found out I need to strat short shifting more.

HERE IS VIDEO WITH RANDOM MIKEY SIGHTING

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtH2adca4Ec

JonW

Re: Schooled by 10 year old. VIDEO AND PICTURES

#2 Post by JonW » Tue Nov 10, 2020 5:20 am

Great post. How cool is that.

(I usually get schooled on IT stuff by 10year olds on youtube... and yeah, I worked in IT most of my life lol)
www.2smoked.com

80 XT500 Supermoto!
81 RD350LC Resto
82 RD421LC Hybrid
82 RD250LC '251LC' YPVS
83 RZ350 Resto
84 RZ500 Resto
85 RZ350 F1 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Resto
86 RZ350 F2 Hybrid

Like Watches? www.PloProf.com & www.DeskDivers.com

rz500guytexas

Re: Schooled by 10 year old. VIDEO AND PICTURES

#3 Post by rz500guytexas » Tue Nov 10, 2020 7:59 pm

The other funny but serious subject was some of the other riders, all younger than me seeming to take an attitude when he passed them. I would be following a group of riders for a while and when Mikey would pass them, inside or out safely, you could see there agreesiveness increase until they figured they could not catch him. They would be on big bikes and a small track like Harris will always be faster on a small bike. By the way how do you like the Garmin camera and app. I can not use lean angle on 250 because mount is not level.