Laguna Seca Track videos

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

rz500guytexas

Laguna Seca Track videos

#1 Post by rz500guytexas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:06 pm

Here are some videos that I shortened.. Did the California Superbike school for 2 days on BMW bikes which was at slower pace. Helped learn the track. Most of the school was 3rd and 4th gear with no brakes. End of day they let us kinda do what we wanted. I stayed off bike the two last sessions of the school knowing I was riding in two more days at two seperate track days. Was sore as heck that 3rd day and got my legs somewhat back the 4th day. Still sore front of pelvis areas. Jumped fence one day and walked up track to the corkscrew. Next day they allowed us to walk before closing. I rode my bicycle around the whole track. Ended up locked out of paddock because they picked up the walkers and came back in at different gate.

Turn one front straight was scary at first but after full throttle 4th on the BMW and no brakes my bikes were ok. Corkscrew took a bit of calculating and never got comortable in Rainey Corner. The Rahal straight before corkscew was awsome once you become confident hitting the dip at throttle going up the hill. I had to keep pace down by the sound station due to blowing it 4 times. Mainly on 250. Hit 94 DB and you get 3 chances and then you are done fore the day. I put seperate numbers on the bikes for that reason. Hot rodding on 500 on second day had me flagged. Limit was 90 DB. Added a turn on the right pipe on 250 but still had issue.

Talked with on guy that had electric bikes. I am not shy so asked about swapping bikes. He knew I was on the smoker and said yes. The bike will do 150MPH and weighed 571 pounds. Throttl response was instant and not many bike could accelerate with it even being in the A Group on that bike. He was so happy to ride the 500 so we went out next session and both rode. He rode the 500 very well and my slow ass is still scared of the 250 twitchyness. It was all fun and we got some good video. Waitng on his video from the 500.

All in all good week of riding, Driving to California from Texas was tough but was for my 66th birthday. All good. Hope you guys like the videos

RZ 500 LAP, 500 AND TZ250 ON TRACK TOGETHER, AND ENERGICA ELECTRIC BIKE. THE GUY RIDING THE 500 WAS HEAD MECHANIC I BELIEVE FOR ENERGICA

RZ 500 LAP https://youtu.be/G7AlrdlGkAs

500 AND TZ250 TOGETHER https://youtu.be/OdNo3Zb6nZA

ENERGICA ELECTRIC BIKE https://youtu.be/TmXONn2-SEs

RC45
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Laguna Seca Track videos

#2 Post by RC45 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:05 am

Nice. Looks like you have comments turned off on your YouTube videos.

I was wondering about the weight. 571lbs... thats close to 800lbs with rider. Handling must go off very quickly once the tires are used up,
CBR1000RR SP2 HRC WSBK
TZ500V/OW53 Track bike
YZR500 OW81 Clone
OW69 Daytona 200 Replica - 784cc Monster
NS400 Track Bike
RS250R NF5
TZ250T 2KM
TZ250B 3YL
TZR250 3MA Track Bike
427ci C5 Z07