Wyn has passed on....

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Wyn has passed on....

#16 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:17 pm

WTF? What happened from what? Ive been helping a friend work on a RZ he recently bought a RZ with what looks to be alot of his handy work. I was just googling his name (just yesterday)...No kidding! Bike is almost a split image of his early RZ rendition.
When he received the motorcycle it came with two large boxes full of rz500 Owners Group info/newsletters and a few O.G. keychains..
His bike was almost the first to kickstart many to build YZR or 2 stroke toys. I can attest his early RZ bike helped sent me on my path for my YZR350 racebike & from his endeavors it has put me in touch with many valuble sources,
Were going back to the mid/late 90s. Time flies..I know he moved on to big 4 strokes but a bikes a bike.
Us "working" folks are really not here on earth long enough to do much in our short lives, glad he did accomplish something he was so proud of. Sad he was quieted, but his insperation lives on with many of us.
Banshee (Baja) Full Tilt desert race bike
Royal Enfield 500
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura TT-F1 Lucky Strike rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ421/YZR track bike(project)
86 VFR750 Flying Fred Merkel replica (project)

Mick C
- - - - -
- - - - -

#17 Post by Mick C » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:35 pm

Really sad news....he and his bike were an inspiration for many aspiring builders.
RIP Wyn
Cheers
Mick

andy

#18 Post by andy » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:21 pm

I am shocked. Known Wyn for years. Seems like last week we spoke on the phone. Late last fall really. Knew his health was a concern but did not know the extent. RIP my friend.
Andy Jones