RZ for local sale

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

RZ for local sale

#1 Post by pstamper » Fri Apr 22, 2016 6:07 pm

Just looked at an RZ that was local. Was really wanting just a tank for a YSR50 I have. He had no idea what I knew about the RZs. He said he had someone in England that was talking $10K for a rusty, non running, white painted bike I knew he was dreaming. I was hoping to pick the YSR up for $500. Non running, rusty tank, and numerous parts off the bike. Had a CR80 Honda engine in it. He said $1,200 and I just said too rich for my blood shook his hand and left. I do not understand where these people get the figures they come up with. Is it what they see on Ebay.

giron
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RZ for local sale

#2 Post by giron » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:50 am

RGVSteve came up with a terminology for people that buy them. Stupid money :razz:
1991 3MATZR250SP
!993 3XVTZR250SP
1996 RGV250(Lucky Strike)
1994 MC28SP
1995 MC28SP
1996 MC28SP
1985 RG500(Walter Wolfe)
1984 IT490
1985 RZV500R
1985 NS400R
1985 NS400R
1997 VFR750
1992 FZR1000
RGV400
TZR500
TZR350
1990 RZ350
1971 Porsche911S

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:05 am

I had a feeling about him just by the way he was talking. He had a new belly pan and side panels so I was hoping 6K for all with a non running rough bike. I really wanted a spare motor. Oh well.

solo 2

#4 Post by solo 2 » Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:14 pm

I guess it all depends on how much you want something, how much money you have and where you are. "Stupid money" is a very old term. The fact that you were willing to pay 6K for a rough non-runner could be called stupid by some. When I see someone pay 10K for a collectible sports card, toy, comic book I think "fu##ing moron" but each to his own. Ebay has pretty much become market value for a lot of stuff now because you have a worldwide market to sell to.

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by silverstrom » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:26 pm

solo 2 wrote: Ebay has pretty much become market value for a lot of stuff now because you have a worldwide market to sell to.
Exactly. As I have said here before, buyers determine the market value, not sellers. As long as buyers with too much money are willing to pay high prices sellers will continue to ask more and more. It has become the new normal.

Questo vecchio rz

#6 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:59 am

I've noticed prices are going up ...everywhere. For years
I've been looking for a cheap YSR " project" usually there about $1500.00 for a non or rough runner & easily 2.5 -3k for a nice one. I guess Im like some others..I wont pay that much $ for...that, kinda stuck in the past.
RZs everywhere are on the upswing, you can fetch 4-7 k all day long for a fair to nice RZ350. IMO 6k for a complete RZ500 running or a project is certainlly realistic.
When one can expect tp pay over 5k to have a engine rebuilt by someone, 6k for a complete bike seems within the realm of logical thinking. These bikes and other 80s & 90s are the original "golden era" superbikes they briught bikes out of the dark ages and many of the people who had them or wanted them can finally have them again or for the 1st time. I dont know about you folks but virtually everyone I know "not me" lol. has multiple new 20k-50k cars or trucks and some have a dozen motorcycles, so someone wanting to drop 10-20k into a resto or basic rider is pretty common. Face it, there is virtually no possible way to do a basic resto cheap under 10k even if doing all the work oneself, and a top notch or custom build eadily exceeds 20k. Time is money, unless your retired.
I have a RZ350 in my garage right now, its in 100% original condition and very good shape. Every time I've ridden it or have it parked outside, complete strangers ask if its for sale it happens every time its sees daylight. This is still a poor economy IMO and people are quickly willing to spend good $ on these time machines, I beleive this is the new normal.
Banshee (Baja) Full Tilt desert race bike
Royal Enfield 500
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura TT-F1 Lucky Strike rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ421/YZR track bike(project)
86 VFR750 Flying Fred Merkel replica (project)

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by pstamper » Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:33 pm

The bike I was looking at had some some chambers installed. The uppers crossed over under the seat. Sorry to think a seller is a little questionable but it was at 6K or so but when I saw it with locked up brakes and he said he had someone in Europe that was talking 10K I should of just left. I still feel nice RZ350 or 500 should get more money than they do when a death trap Kawasaki H1 or H2 can pull 12K. Hate to say I have neglected my street bike but I need to get it running again. The weather is getting nice.

two-stroke-brit

#8 Post by two-stroke-brit » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:51 pm

hi Paul was the bike located in stafford , sounds like the guy/bike i talked to a year or two ago.
cheers ,Mark
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by pstamper » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:32 pm

Yes it was. The guy was a little full of what he had. I think it was the one you had sent a picture of.

two-stroke-brit

#10 Post by two-stroke-brit » Sat Apr 30, 2016 6:33 pm

you would think after not being able to sell it in at least 3 years of trying.
he would re-appraise his valuation.
keeps saying he has refused $7500 for it and the magical (non existent) european buyer.
comparing it to a ebay bike that went for $14,000 but when you add up the work needed to get to that level your looking at a $5k starting point.
guess he is still looking for the right buyer(mug)
did you see the spare motor in the for sale section ($2500 OBO).?
mark

troublintx

#11 Post by troublintx » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:54 pm

two-stroke-brit wrote:hi Paul was the bike located in stafford , sounds like the guy/bike i talked to a year or two ago.
cheers ,Mark
I bought that bike last Saturday and just got it running today, it had been sitting for 14 years both tire were in excellent shape front brake was locked up carbs all had to be rebuilt having a few issues still but thats t be expected for its long nap.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#12 Post by pstamper » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:03 am

Have some front end stuff if needed if local. He had a YZR 50 and wanted way too much.

two-stroke-brit

#13 Post by two-stroke-brit » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:10 am

troublintx wrote:
two-stroke-brit wrote:hi Paul was the bike located in stafford , sounds like the guy/bike i talked to a year or two ago.
cheers ,Mark
I bought that bike last Saturday and just got it running today, it had been sitting for 14 years both tire were in excellent shape front brake was locked up carbs all had to be rebuilt having a few issues still but thats t be expected for its long nap.
Welcome to the forum .
lots of knowledge here.
did you get just the bike or all the spares he had too?
where are you located?
thanks mark

troublintx

#14 Post by troublintx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:45 am

two-stroke-brit wrote:
troublintx wrote:
cheers ,Mark
Welcome to the forum .
lots of knowledge here.
did you get just the bike or all the spares he had too?
where are you located?
thanks mark
Thanks for the welcome, I did get all the parts, The bike is now located in Bullard, Tx.
I ran it for the first time yesterday, I believe I have a fuel starvation issue in the top three gears as i can only get about 8000 rpms in the top three. I suspect a kinked fuel line or clogged tank pick up. Im leary oof removing the pick up due to the fact that it may destroy the gasket and im sure i cant get another.
Im sure i will find the issue today

troublintx

#15 Post by troublintx » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:00 pm

pstamper wrote:Have some front end stuff if needed if local. He had a YZR 50 and wanted way too much.
he still has the YZR 50 it had a 80 in the frame, he said he was going to build it but i doubt that will happen .
there was a RD 400 in there as well but it was completely disassembled. i would like to get both of them and build them to.