Came Across This Funny Little Video While Computing Tonight.

"Off-topic" forum for general BS - spout off here

Moderator: rztom

WVWRZ500N
- - - - -
- - - - -

Came Across This Funny Little Video While Computing Tonight.

#1 Post by WVWRZ500N » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:43 am

Came across this long forgotten video from the fall of 2002 sometime. It was made by a Jon who was filming that night. I'd just fitted the 34mm carb for the first time and Bob and I really wanted to give it a go. It was getting late and the day had been really warm for that time of year. As the cool of the evening came on the condensation began forming on the street and pretty much everything. Sadly I couldn't get on it hard that night to really give it the go I wanted.

Funny part was the getting pulled over after the ride. I distinctly remember meeting this Crown Victoria sheriff patrol car and thinking, "that's a cop!" Well he was wipped around and in the driveway before Bob could put his pace car in park!

He looked it over real hard trying to figure it out then started asking questions. You can't make it out all that well but I was telling him how it was parts from several bikes etc, etc. But when I told him it wasn't even titled in the states he just said, "I'm not even gonna go there." Pretty hilarious looking back since I got like 10 warnings, no tail/brake light, no license, no insurance, no turn signals etc, etc. Maybe not the smartest move but pretty funny looking back. Wish all cops were that cool!

Hope you all enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAVR1hs ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
http://www.wilsonperformance.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Member RZ500 Owners Group #573
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com
Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
http://www.wilsonperformance.net
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com

smokamoto

Re: Came Across This Funny Little Video While Computing Toni

#2 Post by smokamoto » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:35 am

So lucky Bill -

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Ronnie » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:20 pm

Brilliant!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:57 pm

Classic, I am glad others do stupid things also. Sooooo lucky. What is up with the music mix. Never new you were such a headbanger. Gotta love it. The police must think what an idiot, might as well just give him a warning. Now if the officer heard your music it could of been different. I went out after doing a track day and had disconnected taillight. Was pulled over by a state trooper and no license but did have insurance. Warning and he pulled up with his headlights on to help and gave me wire cutters to cut cable tie holding connector. Just goes to show how cool our frankenstine bikes are. Still, the music is great. Has the music taste changed nowadays?

WVWRZ500N
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by WVWRZ500N » Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:45 pm

pstamper wrote:Classic, I am glad others do stupid things also. Sooooo lucky. What is up with the music mix. Never new you were such a headbanger. Gotta love it. The police must think what an idiot, might as well just give him a warning. Now if the officer heard your music it could of been different. I went out after doing a track day and had disconnected taillight. Was pulled over by a state trooper and no license but did have insurance. Warning and he pulled up with his headlights on to help and gave me wire cutters to cut cable tie holding connector. Just goes to show how cool our frankenstine bikes are. Still, the music is great. Has the music taste changed nowadays?
Truly I'm not into metal. I only acted in this video, Jon did the composing.

We used to spend a many a late night tinkering like that. Kinda glad that's behind me now. Older and less time to do as much R&D as I would like now either. Still really enjoy it though.

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com
Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by pstamper » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:01 am

Watching football but that is a classic. I am more an Emerson , Lake, and , Palmer person when I am working on the bikes. I still do not have a motorcycle license. Am becoming a track junkie again with health better. Did you see the picture I posted in engine section. You have probably seen it.

WVWRZ500N
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by WVWRZ500N » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:06 am

pstamper wrote:Watching football but that is a classic. I am more an Emerson , Lake, and , Palmer person when I am working on the bikes. I still do not have a motorcycle license. Am becoming a track junkie again with health better. Did you see the picture I posted in engine section. You have probably seen it.
Paul,

Yes. I was thinking it was a rag that got left somewhere it shouldn't. There is no frame of reference for size so that makes it a bit more difficult also.

Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com
Regards,
Bill Wilson
Wilson Performance
Lee's Summit, MO
816-377-3185
WVWRZ500N@aol.com

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by pstamper » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:29 pm

It was the silencer packing. I should of shown a larger piece. I was surprised it melted like that. It cooked the carbon fiber can when the insulation failed. I thought it would take the temperatures but it did not. I will use the FMF packing next time.