New COTA video with Ducati 1299 Pannigale chasing me

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

New COTA video with Ducati 1299 Pannigale chasing me

#1 Post by pstamper » Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:07 pm

COTA VIDEO AUGUST 28 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1te_mpW ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Had a great weekend and paying for it today. SORE SORE SORE Have to thank John with RDs Only Texas http://www.rdsonly.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for being dedicated pit babe. He does not have the legs for it. And even better was helping pack up with help from his friend on Sunday. He is always great keeping me focused and helping with riding issues. Helping with tire warmers and stands is huge help with fatigue levels. Class room and the heat takes its toll over two days. As always Rick the engine ran great. Plugs will be pulled up when I clean it up. Pictures are uploading from track as I post. Where would you guys prefer vids?

hybrid
Site Admin

Re: New COTA video with Ducati 1299 Pannigale chasing me

#2 Post by hybrid » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:25 pm

Here it is embedded for you:

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 am

Thanks a bunch. Embedded in what. Sorry not so tech savvy. I always just post the link. Technology. Off that subject I was glad I put the camera out back. The Ducati rider had a huge grin on his face when we came in. If I had an open track and focused would hope for a 2:45 or so. Those big bikes were really surprised with my new respect for Pirelli tires. took spacers off rear sets and hit shifter only twice. Need low speed compression dampening softened up. Not using all the fork travel. Think the bike will turn in better.

hybrid
Site Admin

#4 Post by hybrid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:52 am

Embedded on the page instead of a link.
You can do it by putting the video ID (in this case it's the characters after "v=" and before "&feature" in your URL) in between the youtube tags.

Code: Select all

[youtube]1te_mpWF2b8[/youtube]

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:22 am

Thanks I will try another. How is weather down there and are you riding much? I think I am done with the street, has become too dangerous. I feel much safer at the track, even at speed. You get the occasional person at a track day that just should not be there. Especially at COTA.

hybrid
Site Admin

#6 Post by hybrid » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:24 am

pstamper wrote:Thanks I will try another. How is weather down there and are you riding much? I think I am done with the street, has become too dangerous. I feel much safer at the track, even at speed. You get the occasional person at a track day that just should not be there. Especially at COTA.
Just starting to warm up here (spring time), so good riding weather. However, we had child #2 5 weeks ago, so not much time for riding at the moment. The wife did let me go out last weekend though, so went for a quick ride up the mountain.

I never used to understand people with track-only bikes. But since doing a track day I completely get it now, and if my bike was not road registered, it wouldn't bother me too much.
I often only get to ride a couple of times a year now, so the bike registration/insurance could pay for a track day.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by pstamper » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:02 am

Always have liked your bike. I would road ride more but traffic is awful around here and watched someone recently pas away while riding due to accident. Was instant but just made me nervous on the road. Put my street bikes for sale with no luck yet. Cooler weather coming so hope they will sell soon.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by pstamper » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:30 pm

Another video of my buddy following on his ZX6. We had a little traffic to deal with in order to stay together. I tried that embedding thing and no use. Old school it is.

https://youtu.be/SDOu-b48l60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by pstamper » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:47 pm

hybrid
Site Admin

#10 Post by hybrid » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:21 pm

Awesome pictures.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#11 Post by pstamper » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:43 pm

The guy does a great job for being by himself with his young daughter helping on the computer. Just set a weekend with BMW group for end of October. Nate Kern and BMW put it together. He is their test rider and 1000RR ambassador. They will have all the tech support for anyone owning an RR. Guest VIP rider to be there and hope it is Schwantz. Will be interesting to be in the midst of all those big bikes.

https://www.facebook.com/BMWMotorradUSA ... 1140304663" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#12 Post by pstamper » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:08 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9cQgQIMlwWw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;