Every girl loves Italian shoes

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Every girl loves Italian shoes

#1 Post by pstamper » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:39 pm

One more week to COTA weekend with Ridesmart Texas http://www.ridesmart.info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. New Pirelli SC tires with my improved confidence on bike and expected temperatures of 102 degrees. Suspension is all set up and will have it confirmed next week in Austin by the shop that serviced the rear shock. Will be going slow most of the time on back straight. Riding mid tier group so will see how it goes. Will be riding every other session with the temps. Talked with my tire guy and he would like to see 175 degrees on rear and 150 or so on front. This should be core temps. If i ride the bike as it should be he said surface temps should be around 200. Will see how my confidence is on the second day.

Mick C
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Every girl loves Italian shoes

#2 Post by Mick C » Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:53 pm

Great paint scheme!!!

What led you to choose that?

Cheers
Mick

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:09 am

I was going to do old school and i saw the Padgett bike that was ran at Isle Of Man TT last year in the classic race and really loved it. They ran a YZR 500 that set a two stroke lap record of 124mph something. Not a duplicate but I get a lot of compliments. Hope the tail view is what at least half the riders see at COTA. I think the new tires will be great. posted before but still great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ09a5BSNmk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.google.com/search?q=padgett ... vFXL2eM%3A" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

podman

#4 Post by podman » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:54 am

Agree with Mick, great paint and a fantastic looking bike.

Look forward to hearing about how the session goes.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:24 pm

Decided to do an initial run on the bike before packing it in the trailer. As usual it spit fuel all over the shop on start up. Finally stopped the fuel but ended up flooding back left plug. Why can it never be a front one. After a few plug changes it cleared up. Teaches me to let it sit for extended periods. Bike felt real good with raising the back end and softening the front a bit. Throttle response is so nice and instant. Updates to follow.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by pstamper » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Deflategate all over again. Seriously decided to eliminate chasing tire pressure so I took air and moisture out of the equation. I never trust tire places due to how good their driers are or if they even have them on the compressors. Especially in Houston with our humidity. Took a vacuum pump to both tires and then filled with nitrogen. Will be interesting to see how close I can keep pressures on and off track. Starting to get a little nervous with anticipated temperature to be 101, humidity 54%, and sunny. I anticipate track surface temperature in excess of 120 degrees. Slip sliding away. Will see!!!!!!!!

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by silverstrom » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Well, pure nitrogen is certainly going to be a little more stable, especially at colder temperatures, and you've removed the moisture, but given the fact that the air you took out was 78% nitrogen, the end result may not be all that different.

Every form of racing, whether it is 2 wheels or 4, has issues chasing correct tire temperatures as track and atmospheric conditions change. I suppose it's easier to deal with when you have a full pit crew behind you. You need to look for volunteers here ;-)

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by pstamper » Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:41 pm

Just my OCD. Will be curious how pressures do run. I had a pit guy but I fired him after he crashed my Monster this past spring at a track day. Round robin session at that.

RuZty
- - - - -
- - - - -

#9 Post by RuZty » Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:54 pm

Cool pic, I've never been a big fan of wave rotors, but they look much better when the tire is the same shape. :smt002

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#10 Post by pstamper » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:45 pm

Good one.

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/rdguy ... oads/story" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;