New Year new start

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

New Year new start

#1 Post by pstamper » Tue Jan 01, 2013 12:10 am

Time to make it right. As long as health and all else goes well have track day at new Austin F1 track in June. This will be a one time chance due to owners of track maybe going private. Injection lines, Ivans needles, set up suspension a little softer, paint chambers, repack silencers, set carbs again, oil injector, and personal health, stamina wise. Will update and where I am getting misc things and how it all runs. Happy New Years to all and their families, and let us all have a healthy, blessed, and prosperous year. Thanks Rick Lance for all the help with all my stupid questions and two great bikes, Steve for the great R6 conversion work, and my local P1 Racing here in Texas for setup work. By the way go Broncos.
http://googlesightseeing.com/2012/11/ci ... -americas/

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Oil check valves and chambers

#2 Post by pstamper » Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:58 pm

All new oil, fuel, vent, and overflow lines. New inline check valves due to old ones leaking. Was always oil around thea reed gaskets on lower cylinders. All bled well and am going to use green oil for short time and be sure all is pumping well. Will premix also till I see the lines change color. Carb overflow lines I used yellow tubing on lower carbs and clear on uppers in case I have a leak. That way I will know which carb to check. Had the Jollys blasted and used POR15 on them. Used their prep before painting. Interesting what the prep did. Will put one more coat of paint on Sat and broil at 300 degrees for a while. See how the paint holds up. New plug wires also. Repack silencers next week and give it try. Hope the engine miss is gone after all this work. Not sure why pics did not show up.

Last edited by pstamper on Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: New Year new start

#3 Post by pstamper » Sun Jan 20, 2013 6:23 pm

Up and going again. 3rd kick and running, I am getting good at this :smt003 :smt003 . Checked oil pump and worked well with the new check valves. Need to adjust because it is spitting oil out the pipes already. Pipes came out good except for the dented one which will be under the rear panel. Ivans needles seem good except bogging when I pull away from a stop. On mid clip right now. A little lean I think. Acceleration wise seem to be a difference, front end becomes light now.

bolly
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by bolly » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:49 pm

good to go pstamper!!!! :grin:

any video with them pipes???? :cool:

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:25 am

Will have to try a video. Will be something new for me. First thing is turn oil pump down.