anybody knows where Wyn Beloruski´s bike ended up?

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

anybody knows where Wyn Beloruski´s bike ended up?

#1 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:03 pm

His yellow/black YZR500 replica was the inspiration for me to buy my first RD500 and immediately after a second one which became my Rainey replica. Where is Wyn and his bike now?

RGVSTEVE
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by RGVSTEVE » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:51 pm

Last I heard Wyn was alive and doing well, and the bike was sold to
someone in Cal.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:58 pm

That was a beauty. I think you did some work on that scooter Steve. Correct me if I am wrong. I am enjoying my new set up that you did for me. Texas World Speedway in a few weeks and warmer weather. Will see how it does.

this old rz

#4 Post by this old rz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:12 pm

yes his bike was an insperation to many...for years nothing equalled it..now the students have taken over the school! There have been some truly outstanding machines that have been built in the years since. Really some of them are astounding,Id like to see the "In front" section with some additions or just a expansion of a few of the projects comopleted over the last 10 years or so. I'd like a link to your last replica the "Abe" . I really quite enjoyed that one.

Also didnt Wyn,get involved with the new ZXR1200 "lawson replica" type bikes? I read that somewhere that it was all big 4 stroke mega power now for him. Those things really get a move on...big time. Its all good I enjoy all bikes equally they each have there sweet spots.

rklages
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by rklages » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:14 am

this old rz wrote:yes his bike was an insperation to many...for years nothing equalled it..now the students have taken over the school! There have been some truly outstanding machines that have been built in the years since. Really some of them are astounding,Id like to see the "In front" section with some additions or just a expansion of a few of the projects comopleted over the last 10 years or so. I'd like a link to your last replica the "Abe" . I really quite enjoyed that one.

Also didnt Wyn,get involved with the new ZXR1200 "lawson replica" type bikes? I read that somewhere that it was all big 4 stroke mega power now for him. Those things really get a move on...big time. Its all good I enjoy all bikes equally they each have there sweet spots.
+1, there are so many more bikes out there that should be added to the out in front section - I still look at out in front even though it rarely changes, some more eye candy would be nice!

Mike Cichetti
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by Mike Cichetti » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:49 am

Wyn sold his RZV to a fellow in California. He presently rides a 2006 R1 that he modified to add a FZ1 fairing. He's got a lot of the R1 limited parts on it, forks, shock wheels plus all the stuff he's custom made. It's really what a FZ1 should be. A blast to ride.

RC45
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by RC45 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:10 pm

It is an interesting ownership path the bikes follow after they are sold/bought.

I have seen a few of the "published" YZR replicas come up for sale on eBay and the promptly disappear into someones basement.

It is odd, because one would expect the person that buys one of the "published" bikes to want to share it, ride it and expose it, back to the RD/RZ community at least.
CBR1000RR SP2 HRC WSBK
TZ500V/OW53 Track bike
YZR500 OW81 Clone
OW69 Daytona 200 Replica - 784cc Monster
NS400 Track Bike
RS250R NF5
TZ250T 2KM
TZ250B 3YL
TZR250 3MA Track Bike
427ci C5 Z07