Dry Clutch Kit & Mikunio Carbs

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#46 Post by geosot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Ade SYM wrote: You suggest the Primary Gear will bed in after a period of time, i assume you mean the teeth on the PG will round and match the other gears in the engine? Where does the surplus metal waste go?
I assume in my new engine?
You assumptions are wrong. Wear rate of hardened steel gears is so slow that your engine will not fill up with swarf, when you fire it up. On the other hand there is a "break-in" period in any new gear coupling (pair). That applies to the shaft you got, since it forms a new gear pair with the old (OEM) 1st output gear. The same thing happened in your engine and at a greater degree when it was new. I don't thing that it was full of swarf when serviced at the first time.
Ade SYM wrote: Are you going to take any responsibility if this damages my engine?
The primary or any other part I sold you will not harm your engine, if dry clutch was assembled correctly.
Ade SYM wrote: surely you can put forward some one who can vouch for it or a testemonial?
It is up to them. Never thought that I have to drag anybody to "testify" for me. We are not in a court of law and this forum is not the center of the universe.
Hope that everything is covered.

Ade SYM

#47 Post by Ade SYM » Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:36 pm

You did not answer all of my questions:

Also i would be very interested to see the engineers report you mentioned previously on the PG - Are you willing to scan a copy to me to give me more confidance? [/b]???????

With regards to this product you sell, i believe you should offer purchasers indication that there are no issues with it and you have happy customers. If i had these sort of problems with other items i had purchased, the seller would either resolve the problem with the item, replace the item or offer me my money back and they would want to protect their reputation of product and offer good customer service!
To date you have done none of these things.

I have even resolved the shaft issue myself, which i will state had to be re-engineered as it was not to the dimensions you advised in this thread and did not fit either a Ducati 1098 / 916 / 748 clutch which you advised me any 6 spring Ducati dry clutch would go with this kit. You also advised me you dried fitted both a 916 and 748 clutch prior to despatch! A very competant motorcycle engineer in the UK tried them all for me, my clutches were not worn and were in VGC.

Offering me the opportunity to send the kit back for you to dry fit again will not reslove or answer the issue with the Primary Gear. I have actually found an engineering company who will match the OEM specification on the PG you have supplied so why can,t you do this for me? The cost for this is £150 (something i am sure you will not entertain or want to reply to) You keep offering lame explainations, reasons & excuses but you have not once resloved the problem/s.

You convince me that some one out there has one of your kits that is working without issue and i will be happier.

I do not get any pleasure in having to act in this manor but you are coming across as you do not care about this situation?

Look forward to your response.

Thanks Ade

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#48 Post by geosot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:30 pm

Ade SYM wrote: You keep offering lame explanations, reasons & excuses but you have not once resolved the problem/s.
I am afraid that ends the discussion from my side. You don't have any right to offend people.

If any real issues appear in the future with the parts I sent you, i will do whatever is necessary to resolve these issues.

Ade SYM

#49 Post by Ade SYM » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:50 pm

Just the answer i expected and a simular one you gave another customer on the forum i believe? (Might as well give up was it?) Correct me if i am wrong?

Ok - I do have an issue with the product the PRIMARY GEAR it is not fit for purpose. You have not supplied me notification from your engineering company of the findings and the mating of the gears and the noise from it is not acceptable.

WHAT ARE YOU WILLING TO DO ABOUT IT?

Happy to send you back all the parts you have supplied and i will pay the postage to Greece (Again) and would expect a complete refund.

If this is the case i am a happier customer.

Please advise and look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks Ade

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#50 Post by geosot » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:00 pm

As i said I will resolve any real issues and not imaginary. Your issue with the primary does not exist, so it is not my field.

I don't know if you represent the other person you mention at a couple occasions, so i prefer to communicate with him (in public or not) and not you speaking on his behalf.

If any real issues will ever appear, i will be happy to resolve them.

This is my last message on your build.

Ade SYM

#51 Post by Ade SYM » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:11 pm

I think it best to show every one the extent of the problem. As you can see he is not willing to admit that there is a "REAL ISSUE" issue and seems not to want to continue this discussion on the product he has supplied..

OEM Primary Gear vs the one he supplied. Have a close look for yourself.

This is when the PG is fitted and how it matches with the engine gear?

The Shaft he supplied - A little harder to see but the splines on the shaft vs the one one the Ducati clutch do not match. The clutch centre had to be machined

Another picture to try and show the spline problem

A few other areas where there were problems:

Circlip groove on the shaft was incorrectly machined and a circlip had to be made as a special from Geosot. He said i was incorrect with my measurements but the groove was machine to deep, so why did he supply the bespoke one?

Bolts supplied to fit the clutch casing to the PG were incorrect for the kit supplied. They stood proud of the inner basket, due to the bolts not having enough thread on them and the clutch centre and steels etc would not fit. He said he would replace them, he never did.

As you can see this has been dragging on for months, look at the date of the first post - My project has been grounded to a hault due to this and the engine has been out 3 times not to mention the cost for fitting the clutch, my time taking the gearbox out 3 times and re-fitting the engine.

He thinks there is no problem - He cannot offer any testimonial for his kit -No one has come forward to say they have a Ducati kit working - The person who has a TZ kit is selling it as it is to noisy - I know and GEOSOT knows there is some one else on this forum who has more issues than me and is disatisfied - BUT Continues to suggest there are no problems.

Lost the will to live with this i am afraid.

Thanks Ade

chris

#52 Post by chris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:35 am

This is how loud mine is.. Dont know about the other geosot had delivered?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nbhTY5O ... e=youtu.be

Ade SYM

#53 Post by Ade SYM » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:46 pm

Hi,

It is noisy....

When you kick the bike over can you hear a type of grinding noise as if the teath are not meshing? It is also harder to actally kick the bike over with the new primary gear fitted, is yours the same?

I have the Ducati based kit fitted to my bike and i am in the process of getting the PG engineered to match the OEM one. At that point i can start the engine for the first time!

Has the originator been sympathetic with your issues?

Thanks Ade

chris

#54 Post by chris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:59 pm

It is noisy but the main reason is not the same as your problem. I saw the pictures in the tread and compared my oem and the one from geosot and they do not differ much if any at all.

So the noise is a combination of the shaft not being in a closed clutch house and the play that the clutch has as oem.

My experiences wit the seller is good but the clutch house had cracks where the welding was so had to re weld.

Thats the reason the weld seem is that visible.

I seems you have been unlucky with everything!! Hope you get it fixed..

If not i have the original complete clutch for sale :-)

Christer

chris

#55 Post by chris » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:15 pm

I found out that its easier to kick it over when its mounted. and i had to lower the idle because of less drag in oil.

But the inputshaft on mine had a stepped washer that was going between housing and boss that was too big in diameter.
It was holding against the outer ring on the bearing.

When i fixed that so the washer only was against the inner ring in the clutch housing everything moved as smooth as silk.

Christer

RC45
- - - - -
- - - - -

#56 Post by RC45 » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:40 am

chris wrote:It is noisy but the main reason is not the same as your problem. I saw the pictures in the tread and compared my oem and the one from geosot and they do not differ much if any at all.

So the noise is a combination of the shaft not being in a closed clutch house and the play that the clutch has as oem.

My experiences wit the seller is good but the clutch house had cracks where the welding was so had to re weld.

Christer
Christer, I am still interested in your clutch - I just blew my load on all the bits to build an NS500, so in about a week I should have another wad to spend on the clutch - if it hasn't sold by then.

:)
CBR1000RR SP2 HRC WSBK
TZ500V/OW53 Track bike
YZR500 OW81 Clone
OW69 Daytona 200 Replica - 784cc Monster
NS400 Track Bike
RS250R NF5
TZ250T 2KM
TZ250B 3YL
TZR250 3MA Track Bike
427ci C5 Z07

chris

#57 Post by chris » Wed Aug 08, 2012 12:47 pm

To be honest its growing on me more and more for each ride:-)

I need earplugs anyhow!! He he ;-)

chris

#58 Post by chris » Mon Aug 20, 2012 5:16 pm

RC45 wrote:
chris wrote:It is noisy but the main reason is not the same as your problem. I saw the pictures in the tread and compared my oem and the one from geosot and they do not differ much if any at all.

just fried my cdi :-( still interested in the clutch?

Christer
Christer, I am still interested in your clutch - I just blew my load on all the bits to build an NS500, so in about a week I should have another wad to spend on the clutch - if it hasn't sold by then.

:)

howie43

Re: Dry Clutch Kit & Mikunio Carbs

#59 Post by howie43 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am

Are these kits still available if so any contact details

Questo vecchio rz

Re: Dry Clutch Kit & Mikunio Carbs

#60 Post by Questo vecchio rz » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:17 am

howie43 wrote: Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:07 am Are these kits still available if so any contact details
Here is the contact info I had.

gsotirchos@hotmail.com

Last year, I contacted him for my friend whom then had him build.

1.) RZ500 Dry Clutch kit.
2.) RZ350 Dry Clutch kit.
3.) 2-1985-87 Suzuki GSXR Dry Clutch kits.

No kits are yet installed nor running yet, probably be another year before he gets to them.

Best wishes.
Banshee (Baja) Full Tilt desert race bike
Royal Enfield 500
96 GSXR SRAD, Future Yoshimura TT-F1 Lucky Strike rep.
85 custom Tri-Z
RZ421/YZR track bike(project)
86 VFR750 Flying Fred Merkel replica (project)