Dry Clutch Kit & Mikunio Carbs

Got a customizing or restoration project? Post your progress pictures and updates here

Moderator: rztom

simon#51

#16 Post by simon#51 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:30 am

alexander wrote:What is he claiming the HP rating is? I assume this is the Ducati kit. I have one from him for my rz350 stroker. He makes alot of stuff.
Mine gained roughly 4 bhp, but every bike is different depending how they are set up.
but what a difference when just push starting, no more clutch drag!! :grin: :grin:
s harris

andrea

#17 Post by andrea » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:45 pm

Hello, I'm andrea from italy, sorry for my english translated by google, but I wanted to know some information on the dry friction of the 500 where can I buy it? Who makes it?
I remember some time ago that there was a greek on ebay that sold it but no more, help me I'm desperate!!
Hello and to resent, greetings from italy.

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#18 Post by Dubsey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:03 pm

andrea wrote:Hello, I'm andrea from italy, sorry for my english translated by google, but I wanted to know some information on the dry friction of the 500 where can I buy it? Who makes it?
I remember some time ago that there was a greek on ebay that sold it but no more, help me I'm desperate!!
Hello and to resent, greetings from italy.
welcome to the group :grin:

you should speak with George ...... geoset, he is very helpful, he is in Greece, do a member search or look in the vendors section :grin:
Mediocrity is a sin !

andrea

#19 Post by andrea » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:21 pm

Have you by chance an email to hear?

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#20 Post by Dubsey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:55 pm

andrea wrote:Have you by chance an email to hear?
rg500george@hotmail.com
Mediocrity is a sin !

rklages
- - - - -
- - - - -

#21 Post by rklages » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:09 pm

Looks like fun - I am running the Wilson Carb Kit also - throttle cable works great, first thing I did was toss the filters as they are far too long to fit well in YZR bodywork, might be better in stock panels. I bought the K&N filters part # RU2570 and they worked much better for me. The RZ chokes don't work great with the TM28's either, they work, but since the choke chamber is much shorter, 80% of the choke lever travel is just slop and then they move right at the end - works, but sometimes the cables come out of the back of the choke lever because they are so loose and hangup. I just ordered Mikuni cable adapters for the TM28's that give me a threaded adjuster to adjust the slop out of the cables unlike the RZ carb ends that are none adjustable - should have them next week and will post up if they work.

Other than that, the carbs run great - so crisp and clean compared stock - I did drill one and purchased a Mikuni 5mm vacuum tap, threaded the hole and used that to feed vacuum to the stock petcock, so you may need to do something like that also if your running the stock petcock.

Good luck - can't wait to see that dry clutch on it - should sound awesome!

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#22 Post by Dubsey » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:28 pm

rklages wrote: Good luck - can't wait to see that dry clutch on it - should sound awesome!
waiting on a part from George
almost there
Mediocrity is a sin !

andrea

#23 Post by andrea » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Dubsey wrote:
andrea wrote:Have you by chance an email to hear?
rg500george@hotmail.com
THANKS I sent an email hours :smile: :smile:

andrea

#24 Post by andrea » Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:40 am

Hello everyone, I wanted to know if the dry clutch is fine and if there are problems in the assembly.
heard Geosot mail me and told me that the building but I wanted to hear from you an opinion of those who have already mounted.
Thanks Andrea.

Ade SYM

#25 Post by Ade SYM » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Dubsey

Have you fitted your clutch yet?

In the process of doing mine and have come across a problem

Did the circlip holding the first gear in place fit tightly?

George suggests to use the original yamaha one but it fits incorrectly on the supplied shaft and i think i will need to get a different size - 24mm internal - 25mm external but 1.5mm thick.

Still got no answer from george as yet re this.

Can you help?

TGhanks

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#26 Post by geosot » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Ade SYM wrote:Dubsey

Have you fitted your clutch yet?

In the process of doing mine and have come across a problem

Did the circlip holding the first gear in place fit tightly?

George suggests to use the original yamaha one but it fits incorrectly on the supplied shaft and i think i will need to get a different size - 24mm internal - 25mm external but 1.5mm thick.

Still got no answer from george as yet re this.

Can you help?

TGhanks
Mark will receive any day now a clutchpart (sent by Parcelforce), but he fitted the shaft and gearbox on the cases with no issues (as far as i know).

Something is wrong here. Shaft is 28 mm. You can't use a 24/25 mm ID circlip.

Criclips for 28 mm shafts (according to DIN 471) are 26 mm ID and 1.5 mm thick. Yamaha circlips are similar to DIN 5417, but follow the same measurements with DIN 471 for ID and thickness.

Do you re-use the Yamaha circlip?

Did you over-expand the Yamaha circlip?

Use the circlip supplied.

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#27 Post by Dubsey » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:15 pm

Hi George thanks for that, looks like brands hatch is going to be wet this weekend so not a problem to miss

If you mean the circlip that fits into the goroove on the shaft,
then yes there was an issue, could only get the circlip down on one side.
It seemed on mine the grooves on the shaft at the bottom where the circlip mounts, were not deep enough or long enough ( not sure if im correct ????) but this is a tiny amount, so my remedy was to use a very small fine file and dress the inside of the tangs on the circlip that go into the grooves (not the circlip groove), removed an absolutly tiny amount of material, circlip on shaft no problems , had it checked by several people and all agreed that it was now ok
hope this helps

On a side note, I know that what I have purchased is a bespoke item, and as such , I expected a few issues, none of which have made me regret my decision to buy this from george, I will also be purchasing some ignition parts from george as soon as funds allow :grin:
Mediocrity is a sin !

Ade SYM

hydraulic clutch kit

#28 Post by Ade SYM » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:10 am

Dubsey,

I have PM George so will await his response.

My issue seems to be the opposite to the one you have seen. The circlip groove seems to be over machined and the original Yamaha one moves around and is not seated correctly, so the reason for needing a 24mmID.
My concern now is can that be expanded to go over the shaft!

Did you receive a different circlip in your kit or did you use the yamaha original one?

Hopefully George can advise ASAP.

Take your point on it being a bespoke bit of kit, i agree, i am more than happy to fettle as required. My intention was not to come across as slagging off the clutch kit, as you can see from the initial thread i was praising the craftmanship. But i need a response from George to try to resolve this matter and a further one.

Ade

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: hydraulic clutch kit

#29 Post by geosot » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:25 am

Ade SYM wrote:Dubsey,

I have PM George so will await his response.

My issue seems to be the opposite to the one you have seen. The circlip groove seems to be over machined and the original Yamaha one moves around and is not seated correctly, so the reason for needing a 24mmID.
My concern now is can that be expanded to go over the shaft!

Did you receive a different circlip in your kit or did you use the yamaha original one?

Hopefully George can advise ASAP.

Take your point on it being a bespoke bit of kit, i agree, i am more than happy to fettle as required. My intention was not to come across as slagging off the clutch kit, as you can see from the initial thread i was praising the craftmanship. But i need a response from George to try to resolve this matter and a further one.

Ade
Is the groove 2 mm deep (measured with the tail of the Vernier caliper) ?

These grooves are 1 mm deep and 1.5 mm wide , so circlips used are 26 mm ID x 1.5 mm thick (OEM or DIN 471).

Yamaha are DIN 5417, but the thickness is not 1.35 mm (as it should be according to DIN 5714) BUT 1.5 mm.

Can you measure for me the groove OD and circlip ID ?

George

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#30 Post by geosot » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:45 am

I have noticed that I can't use the standard circlip pliers on OEM yamaha circlips

but retaining ring pliers.