footpeg hanger paint

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

Barrienunn

footpeg hanger paint

#1 Post by Barrienunn » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:08 pm

Hi besides powder coating whats the best colour to paint footpeg hangers ive tried alloy paint but it looks a bit bright

Cheers in advance

podman

Re: footpeg hanger paint

#2 Post by podman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:16 pm

Theres quite a few threads on the subject, do a search and theyll all come up mate.

Heres one

http://www.rzrd500.com/500phpBB3/viewto ... our#p76782" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by rd84 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi,

It should be the same colour as the frame - close matches are RS Bike Paints RD500 frame paint and Vauxhall Star Silver from Halfords.

Cheers
Paul

podman

#4 Post by podman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 am

rd84 wrote:Hi,

It should be the same colour as the frame - close matches are RS Bike Paints RD500 frame paint and Vauxhall Star Silver from Halfords.

Cheers
Paul
Have you painted yours using either of these mate?

Just curious as I would like to paint (or touch in) a couple of areas of my frame, I also need to touch in a couple of chips on the belly pan and was going to go for the RS bike paints for that as well.

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by rd84 » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:02 pm

podman wrote:

Cheers
Paul

Just curious as I would like to paint (or touch in) a couple of areas of my frame, I also need to touch in a couple of chips on the belly pan and was going to go for the RS bike paints for that as well.
I've used the RS Bike Paint to touch the frame up - however typical of metallic its impossible to match exactly - not bad though - A friend as used the Vauxhall paint on the footpeg hangers and it's a good match for the frame - I originally used to use Ford Silver Fox from Halfords to touch up the frame and footpeg hangers but sadly this colour changed over the years and isn't a good match nowadays - I found it best to spray an area onto the frame and blend it into the original rather than just trying to stay with the scratch itself.

Not sure about the belly pan paint - RS paints are pretty good - again the red will be hard to touch up being metallic - on the RD500 UK / European model of course.

The original paint is cellulose and modern paints are acrylic so you will need to seal with clear lacquer.

Cheers
Paul

podman

#6 Post by podman » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:46 am

rd84 wrote:
podman wrote:

Cheers
Paul

I've used the RS Bike Paint to touch the frame up - however typical of metallic its impossible to match exactly - not bad though - A friend as used the Vauxhall paint on the footpeg hangers and it's a good match for the frame - I originally used to use Ford Silver Fox from Halfords to touch up the frame and footpeg hangers but sadly this colour changed over the years and isn't a good match nowadays - I found it best to spray an area onto the frame and blend it into the original rather than just trying to stay with the scratch itself.

Not sure about the belly pan paint - RS paints are pretty good - again the red will be hard to touch up being metallic - on the RD500 UK / European model of course.

The original paint is cellulose and modern paints are acrylic so you will need to seal with clear lacquer.

Cheers
Paul
Duly noted, cheers Paul.