YZR fairing on a RD ?

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

nico78

YZR fairing on a RD ?

#1 Post by nico78 » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:48 pm

hello all..,

dus someone have experience with YZR 500 Jim Lomas fairing and the adjustments need to make for the RD 500?
the seat is already dun so just the fairing at the front.

sorry as the englisch is not correct.

regards, the netherlands

topyam

Re: YZR fairing on a RD ?

#2 Post by topyam » Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:08 am

Hi, yes I have recently almost completed my YZR replica with JL fairings.
It was one hell of a job. The belly pan was the most difficult to get right. I reworked it considerably. The seat unit took a lot of work to get right. It all depends on other factors. Your subframe being a huge part. How the seat angle sits in conjunction with exhausts as well as angle. The cut and shut lines of the Tank, the main fairing and the seat unit will make or break the look. So... To get the main fairing to fit needed hours of fiddling. I found that I needed to create "Blisters" in areas that were fouling. Such as clutch housing. Water pump. Gene cover. This allows the fairing to be possitioned high enough to get the whole angle and most importantly the look right.
Cheer, Gary

nico78

#3 Post by nico78 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:41 pm

topyam wrote:Hi, yes I have recently almost completed my YZR replica with JL fairings.
It was one hell of a job. The belly pan was the most difficult to get right. I reworked it considerably. The seat unit took a lot of work to get right. It all depends on other factors. Your subframe being a huge part. How the seat angle sits in conjunction with exhausts as well as angle. The cut and shut lines of the Tank, the main fairing and the seat unit will make or break the look. So... To get the main fairing to fit needed hours of fiddling. I found that I needed to create "Blisters" in areas that were fouling. Such as clutch housing. Water pump. Gene cover. This allows the fairing to be possitioned high enough to get the whole angle and most importantly the look right.
Cheer, Gary

hi Gary,
thanks for youre reply!
i know that the seat is a hour eating project but luckly i got that part finisht (building part).
thanks for the tips and advice!
i know now what to do...
would be nice to see some pictures from youre project.

cheer, Nico

photo below is my project so far
Attachments
foto.PNG
foto.PNG (132.29 KiB) Viewed 2229 times

topyam

#4 Post by topyam » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:14 am

Hi Nico,
I'm trying to put up pics.