RZ500 decals again

General forum on fairings, seats, tanks, tail sections, painting and other bodywork modifications

Moderator: rztom

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

RZ500 decals again

#1 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:55 am

I have a full respray of my complete bodywork going on with RZV500 graphics (some may remeber, I played "garage-domino" 2 years ago and 4 bikes fell down...
I ordered a full RZV500 decal set from Reproductiondecals in Canada, the shop is also called Diablo Cycle.
Today I wanted to start applying the decals, and noticed that the white stripes next to the blue ones are actually like a pearl-white color and different from the plain white of the paint. It looks similar to the pearl-effect white used on the European 1GE models.

Does any of you have experience with these decals from this supplier, how does it look on RZ/RZV bodywork when applied? Is it noticeably?
Since my red areas have pretty clean and sharp edges, I could even remove the white stripes from the stickers and only apply the blue ones.

thanks for feedback

Wolfgang

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: RZ500 decals again

#2 Post by wolfgangh » Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:57 pm

Here is a picture of the white and blue stripe on white background. You clearly see the darker silver/pearl white.
Did you have that same issue with RDdecals as well?

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by silverstrom » Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Looks like you have Silky White rather than Clean White.

I have RDdecals on my desk here now and they are Clean White, like they are supposed to be.

I only deal with RDdecals now, just so it's right the first time.

I had a belly pan done recently. Fresh paint, Clean White and Chappy Red, and decals from Mark at RDdecals. As you can see, the end result was very good. Mark's decals matched perfectly. The white is exactly right.

solo 2

#4 Post by solo 2 » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:39 pm

I ordered my complete set of RZ500 decals from Diablo and they were spot on, white is the proper non-metallic. I've used both companies and have had great results with both, I use RDdecals for custom orders. If there is a problem with the decals from Diablo I would contact them and see what they say, their customer service was good when I had to deal with them on the phone.

2smoke

#5 Post by 2smoke » Mon Dec 07, 2015 10:36 pm

I used to like Reproduction/Diablo but they screwed up a set of 4L0/RD350LC decals for me. I wont use them again.
RDDecals has been awesome. :smt023
Colin

wolfgangh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by wolfgangh » Sat Dec 12, 2015 3:06 pm

I have contacted ReproductionDecals / Diablo Cycles and they have told me the changed the white color on the RZV500 decal set form clean white to pearl white based on a customer´s request. They have immediately offered me to send me the correct decals with the clean white for free, I dont even need to return the wrong ones.

I have to admit, great service! Let´s see if everything is OK then once I received them.