New digital CDI for RD500 available

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

MK

New digital CDI for RD500 available

#1 Post by MK » Fri Mar 10, 2006 12:52 pm

Hi folks,
for the RZ350 you can gat a fully programmable digital CDI that even supplies a Power-Valve signal. So everything is working and the performance gain was some +4 KW for a stock RZ350.
(dyno chart: Image )

These days I have received Boruts prototype for the RD/RZ 500.

I've fitted it to a customers bike and on sunday the weather was fine (sunny, dry and +4

vma500
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by vma500 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:46 pm

dear mk

300 $ seem all wright ,but i want full programmable , it means that i can program it myself without pre-knowledge and software included and prefer some upgradable unit too (injection perhaps).

if so just count me in , i see you ve just signed up , not wreally reliable methode for sellers to convince future buyers their product wreally works

you have to sent me some hard prove from your product and identity

but i can be wrong also , i m just a human , price seem very sharp for such a product , congrats for that

mario

MK

#3 Post by MK » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:28 am

Well "just signed up" is relative ... just didn't post for quite long as I sold my RD500 some 5 jears ago. I also used to be a member in the Owners Group at that time.

My identity: I'm Martin Kieltsch, "the guy with the tuning manuals" (see these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 8044106121 )
Feel free to ask Wyn Belorusky if he can confirm that I may or may not be a person to trust. I think he will remember having a bath in the Disneyworld hotel's pool and having a chat about twostrokes ....

Now for your question:
I do not build and sell the CDI's. I just helped Borut (that's the guy from www.zeeltronic.com ) in developing and testing his RD350 and RD500 CDI's.

All CDI's are fully programmable and you don't need a PC - there's a neat handheld and you can program that without having gone to university.
Here's the manual: http://www.zeeltronic.com/index_datotek ... 260905.pdf

vma500
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by vma500 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:06 am

dear sir Martin kieltsch

sorry ,sorry, sorry for my rough posting , and yes i do remember you , i ordered about 5 years ago the tuning manual from you . :grin:

yes i m very , very interested in your products ,you still want to sell to me ??? 300$ is nt much

what s included in the price ,handheld programmer also ?
can i use the original CDI ? coils?

regards mario

MK

#5 Post by MK » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:09 pm

Mario, no problem. I would also mistrust people that I don't know.

But as I said. I am not selling the CDI's - you have to contact Borut Zemlijc directly.

His homepage:
www.zeeltronic.com

His mail:
borut@zeeltronic.com

As I saw you're in Belgium so the postage would be some 10 Euro and I guess no additional taxes as he ships from Slowenia which is inside the EU.

vma500
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by vma500 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 4:41 pm

thanks Martin

i tend to keep the gmans as friends ,cos i like duitsche grundigheit and Germany lies just behind my garden ,you know :smt005 !!

regards mario

MarkHolmberg

#7 Post by MarkHolmberg » Sat Mar 11, 2006 8:12 pm

Martin,

This sounds very interesting indeed, do you know if this unit will also have programmable ypvs-timing?

MK

#8 Post by MK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 5:13 am

Yeah, that's still on the to-do-list ...

What we know from the RZ350 is that on the late F2 (German 1WW) it's an advantage to let the valves open earlier. This adds some 3 - 4 KW.
Check here for the dyno charts:
http://www.rd350lc.de/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7019
(Note: Curve Numbers refer to this BDK chart: http://www.bdkraceeng.co.uk/Images/YPVS%Switches.gif )

The non-stock dyno-runs were made with a unit that was modified to let the valves close 3 mm deeper; so they have a good gain even in the 6000 range.
(By the way: this mod is included in the latest RZ350 & RZ500 tuning manuals ... )

The RZ500 also benefits from changed YPVS open/close points. BDK tested this here:
http://www.bdkraceeng.co.uk/Bike2.html

The neccessary rpm's are also listed.

Currently Borut is putting together the programmable PV controller and then he'll send it to me (he hasn't got a testbike).
I guess in April there'll be some results if it works .... If you're interested I can open a new thred then.

MC

#9 Post by MC » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:36 am

Hello Martin, had your manual for awhile now , great useful info for anyone to add to there rz/rd tuning library , here is the info Berot sent me about his product for the 500 , although he has never shipped to the usa :smt023
My ignitions are divided to two units, VCDI and CDI. VCDI is programmable processor unit which is connected between pickup and CDI(static) unit. VCDI drives CDI unit with modified signal from pickup. Handheld programmer is needed for programming VCDI.
VCDI unit is more or less universal unit which fit on various bikes, but CDI units are made specially for each bike to fit charging coils.

I already have made VCDI/CDI ignitions for RD250/400E, LC

MK

#10 Post by MK » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:02 pm

Euro to $ = multiply by 1.2

And in case Borut's info wasn't too clear:

What you need to "just run the bike" is one CDI and one VCDI (=216 $).
If you want to program on your own, another 60 bucks will leave your account.

If you want to set different curves for front and rear cylinder bank you need a second VCDI (= 120 $).

So the total range is 216 to 396 $.

MarkHolmberg

#11 Post by MarkHolmberg » Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:34 pm

This is sounding more and more interesting :)

MK

#12 Post by MK » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:02 pm

MarkHolmberg wrote:do you know if this unit will also have programmable ypvs-timing?
Mark, the latest news is that Borut has the programmable PV controller ready and he'll send me the prototype to test it on my bike.

MarkHolmberg

#13 Post by MarkHolmberg » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:34 pm

MK wrote:
MarkHolmberg wrote:do you know if this unit will also have programmable ypvs-timing?
Mark, the latest news is that Borut has the programmable PV controller ready and he'll send me the prototype to test it on my bike.
Thanks Martin,

I must say I am a bit surprised by the apparent lack of interest on this board, which is unusual when it comes to technical gizmos and powerups.

This is definitely on top on my wishlist. And I will probably get one when my toy budget allows.

vma500
- - - - -
- - - - -

#14 Post by vma500 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:06 pm

hi gentlemen

already bought Borut s units + cdi , still cheaper then sending stock unit to BDK , and much quicker also . :grin:
very gentle guy also , did nt charge anything for posting to me ,always comfirming messages .

could nt test it yet ,waiting for my heads to return

mario
sorry for my bad english

Shaftoflame

#15 Post by Shaftoflame » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:58 am

Hi All

Sounds interesting - guess lack of interest could be that there are a load of guys here who like to get stuck into the metal - whether that be engine or frame - but are a little more wary of the electrics? (Kinda majical stuff you cannot see!)

As to Mario's English - why are you apologising - it looks fine to me, and most importantly I would guess that there are none of us who could post in Flemish/Waloon or what ever. Mario keep us informed - this looks a great product, and do not worry about the English.

R
Dreaming is not a failing, it is what makes us climb bigger mountains, make better bikes and love. However it can take up an inordinate amount of time...