Electrostator / zeeltronic

General forum on troubleshooting electrical problems and modifications to electrical systems

Moderator: rztom

Smoker85

Electrostator / zeeltronic

#1 Post by Smoker85 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:27 pm

Hi all,
I am well under way with a rz500/yzr500 build using r6 frame, pics will come closer till the end of the build.
I am trying to see if anyone has used the Electrostator digital lightweight flywheel and stator? My reason for asking is i would like to use it with a programmable ignition like the Zeeltronic or similar. They do mention on the Electrostator website about a digital cdi but i am having trouble getting a reply from them about it.
Thanks, Steve.

MK

Re: Electrostator / zeeltronic

#2 Post by MK » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:18 am

Especially for the 500 you should take care that the stator supplies enough current for a DC CDI.
Zeeltronic supplies one but its not able to deliver enough juice for lights, PV and ignition. The current advertising is "without PV"
http://www.fastfromthepast.com/z1000" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Two weeks ago I had one of the slowest rides of my life (a pals GF was riding with us). They were so f...ing slow that any L plated 125 cc would have been faster.
After some 70 km my EFI RZ was having issues over 8k. Turned out that lights, fuel pump, EFI, Ignition and PV drew more than a stock size stator could produce at 3k (which we had most of the time).
As I had battery issues before, I had a second bat that I just needed to connect. And voila: Issue disappeared.
Bye
Martin

Matty
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Matty » Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:35 am

Martin, I feel for your pal.
I'm not a complete idiot...some parts are missing.

Ax-Racing

#4 Post by Ax-Racing » Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:16 pm

Run same rotor/stator (from zeeltronic)
on my hybrid 640cc V4, with zeeltronic RG12-35 rectifier and a small 1.2A battery
valves run properly with no issues
Alex