Frame Powdercoating, ANY success?

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

justusracing

Frame Powdercoating, ANY success?

#1 Post by justusracing » Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:18 pm

Hey guys, have spent a couple of hours reading through the forums here and have read a ton of horror stories but no real good jobs done...

I am working on rebuilding mine and have access to powdercoating facilities, have done a few other frames but not in factory colors and trying to sort a color that is really close to the factory silver but not being too successful. Most seem to have too much metal flake in them.

Anybody ever get a decent RAL number?

Thanks for any help guys,

Adam

V4 Heaven

Re: Frame Powdercoating, ANY success?

#2 Post by V4 Heaven » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:28 am

I don't have a RAL number but Redditch Shotblasing powdercoated my frame with their'sparkle silver'. They did a great job and were very reasonable price wise.
Gettin' kinda squirrely!

BigGuy
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by BigGuy » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:43 am

Silverstrom may be able to shed some light on this topic? From what I understand he had some success getting a frame powder coated to look like the factory finish.
Shake "N" Bake!

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by silverstrom » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:12 pm

It wasn't me, although I'll be taking mine to ABC Electro Powdercoating in Port Hope soon. I've seen their RZ frame coating and it does look to be very close to the stock steel frame finish.

justusracing

#5 Post by justusracing » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:00 am

I ended up doing a "Brilliant Silver" from Columbia Coatings on it and it looks pretty good. It has a bit more metallic in it than stock I think but my paint was pretty toast so it's hard to compare. Can't figure out how to get a pic on here, will post a link to it once I post it so you guys can see it. I think it looks alright, little excited doing all this assembly!