Few mods for last track day of this year

General forum on frames, brakes, suspension, wheels and tires

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Few mods for last track day of this year

#1 Post by pstamper » Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:33 pm

Loosened chain a bit to free up the swing arm. Also slid the fork tube up 4MM in the triple clamps. Difficult to weigh back end but started pretty balanced. Rear ride height was not changed. Front started at 205 pounds with a 23.1 steering angle. Now at 23.9 degrees and front is 212 pound. Will see how it does and compare other bike. Hoping for safe day. Weather should be mostly sunny with a high of 75 degrees.

RuZty
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Few mods for last track day of this year

#2 Post by RuZty » Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:59 pm

Damn I like the look of that.
Where's the track day?

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:12 am

Was at Texas World Speedway. Track is to be closing for a development. Texas A&M is in College Station and the area is growing. Bike did great as always but had a bad inside pass done on me. There is never inside passing except Level 3 and it should still be clean. Kind of expected a crazy day following a holiday and being last track day of year.

two-stroke-brit

#4 Post by two-stroke-brit » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:51 pm

I have images of "madmax " ...
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:25 pm

You are so right. Video is uploading. I should start a blog about riding a two stroke in a four stroke world. One ambulance trip in level 3 first lap of the day. These are a lot of racers on slicks on a morning track with really iffy conditions. Will post more. Not sure what they were thinking. I will find out how many accidents on Saturday alone. Had a bad inside pass on me that distracted me so bad that I ran off track a lap later. Will put video up for all to comment. It was way ,way, way, WAY, too close for a track day. Packed up, socialized, and left after that. Good news is Ride Smart will have at least 4 to 5, if not more, track days at COTA NEXT YEAR. Was great to see everyone for the end of the year and I actually feel pretty good today. Little sore but no need for drugs. Will post more after videos upload. By the way how is the search going?

two-stroke-brit

#6 Post by two-stroke-brit » Mon Dec 01, 2014 3:17 pm

hi Paul, i need to pull the motor on the kawi H1 ,to sort the 2nd gear issue, not a huge job , just needto get motivated, probably a Christmas week job.
started cleaning the LC and before i knew it i was here
cheers mark
She might not be pretty but always a fun ride !!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by pstamper » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:05 pm

Oh crap. Who stole the rest of it? By the way where did you get your lift and how has it held up?