Double r festival at COTA video up second part to come

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Double r festival at COTA video up second part to come

#1 Post by pstamper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:32 am

The big bikes would keep getting by on the straights to just hold me up again and again. I rode a little more aggressive than normal but they should just let you go and enjoy there own open track. I have the same issue every time at COTA but the new rear tire made a huge difference. I get by him twice in the end of session. I think I just wore him down. The weather really helped by allowing me to not loose focus like in summer. I rode one of those BMW RRs and hit over 170 on back straight. Seamless shifter is wonderful. Could probably drop at least 10 seconds with that bike. Will also post my best lap of 2:42.

FIRST PART OF SESSION
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qL0Tf7xXK ... load_owner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

REST OF SESSION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_6zGcVDHAc&t=25s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

podman

Re: Double r festival at COTA video up second part to come

#2 Post by podman » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:28 am

Cracking..I shared your frustrations re the straights watching the videos but also was pleased to see you making the passes!

That blue sky seems a long way away here in the UK at this time of the year.

gpaddict

#3 Post by gpaddict » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:13 am

Looks like the next mod that you need, is a quick turn throttle kit!

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:57 am

That was truly the nicest track day weather ever. My other group I ride with says 6 foot passing and nothing from the esses to 11. I can get more passing done by dropping a gear lower in most places but it is rough on the engine. I usually wait and set them up on exit of 6. Do not understand why the liter bikes think they need to get back ahead of you after following them for a large portion of the lap. Was trying for a 2:40 but was happy with the 2:42. Nate Kern really puts a nice event together. He asked me to come by after loaded and debrief. His comment was this time he was so impressed how the bike does, stays together mechanically, and up on two wheels. Compliment still go to Rick Lance engine but also how he has taught me to ride the bike. I revert to bad habits when I need to overtake but the remainder of time is about flow.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by pstamper » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:05 am

The throttle could be a little less of a pull but as it is I have more control in corners with engine RPM. Quick shifter would be nice. The BMW I rode was absolutely amazing with the tranny. Hold the throttle open and shift. Wheelie in every gear. Let the throttle of and shift down. No clutch what so ever. Sure saves on the forearm pump I had Sunday. I had to put my forearm in an ice bath that night. Right arm does fine. Recommendation from my massage therapist. I think it is a combination of clutch and the tight left corners from pushing on the clip ons.