Trackday MSR Houston November 2011

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

RC45
- - - - -
- - - - -

Trackday MSR Houston November 2011

#1 Post by RC45 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 1:44 am

First track day with the RZ500 as I bought from Mark Brown in October 2011.

It was also the day I met Paul Stamper - here is our exchange from my original post that is buried in a build thread somewhere:
RC45 wrote:
pstamper wrote:It was great to meet this weekend. The track day was great and let alone having two RZ 500s on the track at the same time, most people just did not believe their eyes or ears, and as usual comlpiments were all good. My rat bike did not draw the attention yours did but two of them, it was great. Glad you sorted your bike out and that we stayed on two wheels all day for as cool as it was. Did you watch the video that was on the card. Yours was very good with the angle of the tach and track. My wind screen is to degraded for that shot.
Found out why mine lost power midday, the PV controller quit working again. :-( :-( If I twist it it will operate when key is turned on. It was fine, lap times were OK the few times I had open track and tried for a good lap. Five within1 to 5 seconds of each other. Can not wait to see videos from the instructor. We need to stay in touch. Again, for the end of the season and cool weather, had a blast and good to meet a fellow RZ owner and good guy. Next event, and warmer weather, we need to ride together, we will let instructors know.
By the way Steve the conversion seem to handle great and nothing fell off :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Great meeting you and we need to ride together next time for sure. I was just not sure of the Ride Smart day setup - now I know.

Speaking of 'Intructor video', how would I know if they actually made one? Was that the purpose of wearing the T-shirt and having them follow us for a lap?

I guess I need to contact them and find out if such a video was indeed filmed.
All I did was change fluids, swap the display Michelin slicks out for Power Ones and put gas in it (and changed the levers out and removed Marks race decals and a couple other little detail odds and ends, but nothing major mechanically).

It may have been jetted a little fat as it struggle to rev out - so the the track day I went up a tooth on the rear sprocket and swapped the foam filters for mesh leaf guards :)

Anyway, here is the day in short pictorial form.

The Michelin Power Ones worked really well.

ImageImage
ImageImage

The Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68xDBnuuX-U" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Anyway, here is the track day in short pictorial form.

Leave at 5:30am

Back at 8:00pm

Not one, but 2 RZ500's on track at the same time
ImageImage
ImageImage

Tyres nice and toasty ready for a thrashing
ImageImage

After being thrashed to bits for an afternoon
ImageImage
ImageImage

The thrashing underway
ImageImageImageImage