A wet track day at Texas World Speedway

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

A wet track day at Texas World Speedway

#1 Post by pstamper » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Power valve was out on Saturday in first video but managed to get it working Sunday. Unbelievable how unrideable the bike is with it stuck. Was able to try the Pirelli rain tires out and they were impressive. Softened the preload a few turns along with rebound front and rear. With the weather at 44 degrees and rain I was still cautious with the rains. No way to get heat in tires. It actually sleeted in the last session Saturday. Vision was miserable especially with glasses. Used Pledge furniture polish Sunday which helped a lot on face shield. Looked to the side on the straights and shield would clear and I breathed out the bottom of the helmet. Getting scuba grade anti fog next time. Time to go through bike this winter, clean it up, reduce some weight, add another tooth to front sprocket, and get the Zeeltronic PV kit installed. Will post some picture when I get them. Audio was bad in second video, possible camera vibrating in case. Very rough track and can not wait to get back to COTA in March. Merry Christmas to all the member and keep the rubber side down.

Saturday session https://youtu.be/uJ67KyEDOyQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sunday session https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYiGnUMH5uA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: A wet track day at Texas World Speedway

#2 Post by Smoker » Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:14 am

That was fun!!

Thanks for posting that.

I love riding in the rain. Butt-puckering moments a plenty.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: A wet track day at Texas World Speedway

#3 Post by pstamper » Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:21 pm

Rain really makes you be smooth. I enjoy track days in the rain. No PV controller on Saturday sucked. If the weather was warmer I would have trusted the tires. 43 to 46 was about all we had for the weekend. Finally settled on 26 PSI rear and 29 front. A little too soft but was the only way to keep tire flexible. I came in only once and had steam coming of the front tire. There are too many long straights that cause the tire to cool down. The brakes and front tire were awesome. I found myself taking way to much speed of going into corners.

Pictures up

Round Robin Sunday morn

being careful early

picking up the pace

Trying the rains in a puddle