Barber motorsports raining track day

For those who love to "take it to the track!"

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Barber motorsports raining track day

#1 Post by pstamper » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:07 pm

A few images and short videos at a soggy track day. PV controller went out due to rain and my rear rain tire would not fit due to chain being too short. Had no power coming out of tighter turn unless I kept the revs up. Was a slow weekend but the rain was actually a good challenge. Had Pirelli rain on front that worked great but poor traction from the rear SP. Also met Dave Moss who recently purchased an RG400 and said he is riding a TZ750 at the Race Of Champions at Phillips Island in January. Brought my bike over for him to look at and was nice to have an approval of my work. Was also a beautiful TZ750 in my hotel lobby from Barber Museum. Also booted of the track because something supposedly came off my bike. I told them no but I skipped last 3 session to find the corner worker bring me a Honda part. I was rather upset because I knew I put the bike together better than that.

TWO VIDEOS
Run down the front straight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC3J8CWYUPs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

u]One lap in rain[/u] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E80pErkzLOI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

THE BIKE AT A VERY WET PADDOCK

THE CIRCUIT

UNUSAUL BUILD UP ON THE REAR OF THE SIPE

A BEAUTY OF A TZ750

LAST LEFT CORNER ON TO FRONT STRAIGHT

DAVE MOSS HELPING A LOCAL RIDER FOR WEEKEND

IRON SCULPTURES THAT ARE ALL OVER THE TRACK

nzminis

Re: Barber motorsports raining track day

#2 Post by nzminis » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:52 pm

good stuff , you did well

wet riding is not for me

to much thinking about keeping the bike upright

RuZty
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by RuZty » Fri Nov 13, 2015 10:10 pm

Isn't that one of the cooler places you could ever go? I'm guessing you stayed at the Hampton down the road, I've stayed there on business so I could go to the museum and they had a much older bike in the foyer then.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:17 am

Barber is my favorite track. Not as smooth and wide as COTA but people are nicer. The place is like a country club. Place is meticulous and the art sculptures around the track are beautiful. They are on the track and hidden on the side roads. I can not even start on the Museum. I stayed at the Hampton and they rotate bikes all the time. It is a to do place for any avid enthusiast. HERE IS A LINK TO IMAGES

https://www.google.com/search?q=barber+ ... MmCh3vhgzC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

Some images from a wet track day

#5 Post by pstamper » Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:06 am

Think I figured the reason the PV controller went south. Tried to fit rear rain but chain was not long enough. Was running a Pirelli Super Corsa SP which is basically a slick. Was a real test on throttle control with the way power came on without controller working. Hair pins was difficult to pull out of and I had to be sure I was straight when the bike decided to accelerate. It was fun though. Will get a few other pictures up. One track weekend left after Thanksgiving.