Clutch cover question?

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

CDNeal

Clutch cover question?

#1 Post by CDNeal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:28 am

Hi can anyone help, I was look at a clutch cover on Ebay yesterday and discovered that on the in side of the oil drilling their appears to be some thing like a jet, this makes sense as it will direct the oil into the gear box. the problem is that this "jet" is missing from my cover. i can't find it on the parts list, so I am thinking it is part of the cover and not suppose to come out. Does any one have one they can let me have or the measurements so i can get one made or does it eevn need it?

thanks Neal

torp68
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Clutch cover question?

#2 Post by torp68 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:13 am

Hi
Are you talking about this specific picture?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-RZ500-R ... Sy&vxp=mtr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The "jet" you see on the top there is a "bolt, union" #35 in picture below, NLA from Yamaha.

https://www.cmsnl.com/yamaha-rd500lc-19 ... ml#results" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes, you need it. It deliveres oil to the balancer shaft and top gears (if I recall correctly).

CDNeal

#3 Post by CDNeal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:10 am

Yes that's the one. If I understand you correctly then the "jet" is part of the banjo bolt and not part of the case.

Neal

jackson.40

#4 Post by jackson.40 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:43 am

That's correct, it's the bright zinc banjo bolt

CDNeal

#5 Post by CDNeal » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:52 pm

Thanks everyone for the help, i'm a wiser man than i was yesterday. so the next question is does anyone have one for sale or have the dimensions so i can get one made.

thanks Neal