Fed up

General forum on engines, transmissions, gearing and modifications to each

Moderator: rztom

1601pete

Fed up

#1 Post by 1601pete » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:07 am

Guys

Feels like I've taken my carbs on and off a million times now. Trying to dial them in and I'm messing with needle clip position.

Can the needles be removed by just taking the carb top cap off. Accessing the 2 screws that attach the throttle slide to the actuating arm and then somehow getting the arm mechanism out of the way to slide the needle up and clear.

If I've got to completely strip the carbs again I'm going to go mad!!!

Haven't looked to see if the above is possible. Can't face it yet!!!

Thanks

Rick Lance

Re: Fed up

#2 Post by Rick Lance » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:36 am

Yes.

Remove the carb top plate. Remove the 7 mm head screw from the actuating arm. Remove the slide screws. Pivot the actuator arm out of the way and remove the slide.

Works on the bench. Might not be much fun on the bike.

You're welcome.
If I disagree with everyone, that doesn't make me right. If I take the side of only one, it doesn't end the fight. If my position's strong enough from exposure to the light, you may see things my way when we share the same highway.

1601pete

#3 Post by 1601pete » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 am

Thanks Rick

So the 7mm head screw that attaches the arm to the spindle is the restricting factor? No need to slide the spindles out of the carb bodies then?

Rick Lance

#4 Post by Rick Lance » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:30 pm

You got it.
If I disagree with everyone, that doesn't make me right. If I take the side of only one, it doesn't end the fight. If my position's strong enough from exposure to the light, you may see things my way when we share the same highway.

Timspu

#5 Post by Timspu » Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:42 pm

I have just completed mine on the bike. You will have to pull the spindles out far enough to lift the pivot arm and slide out of the carb body.
First you will have to remove the face plate which connects both carbs together. This will allow easy access to the spindle nuts. It is much easier than removing the carbs.
Enjoy.

Tim