Let's finish Mickey's Bike!

Working together to finish Mickey's RZ500!

Moderator: rztom

rztom
Site Admin

Let's finish Mickey's Bike!

#1 Post by rztom » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:38 am

Welcome to the Mickey Krupa Memorial Thread!

The first part of this thread are posts split from the original "Beware" topic that Mickey had started in the Yammer Howling section. This new topic will be called "Mickey Krupa Tribute Build Thread." All posts here are about Mick's bike and our attempt to finish his dream build. Progress on the build will be posted here from now on.... :cool:

Teamwork will produce the result we're seeking for Mickey and his children! :smt023
Last edited by rztom on Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rztom
Site Admin

#2 Post by rztom » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:25 pm

For a little background to our Memorial thread, here is a copy of Mickey's original post from the "Beware" topic he started back in January....
freeheelskier wrote:Dear forum members,

I am writing you to warn you to NEVER have any dealings with Gus Christensen from Florida. HE IS A CRIMINAL!!

My name is Mickey Krupa, and though I don't post much on the forums, I do search and find almost all the information I need. I have been currently building a RZ500 Wayne Rainey replica. This project is one of the last left on my "bucket list" as I also have cancer and I don't have much time left. Unfortunately, I sent my motor out to Gus Christenson in FL. Mr. Christenson was a regular poster to these forums and held himself out to be an expert RE two-strokes.

I am writing you now, 10 months later, and I do not have have motor. I had regularly attempted to contact Mr. Christenson RE the status on my build. I even informed him of my condition and the fact I had limited time left. Mr. Christenson ignored all of my efforts at communication, kept feeding me lines of BS, and ultimately stopped responding whatsoever.

Through the efforts of friends, we determined that he and his partner Randy shut their business down in FL. Randy moved to another location in FL. Mr. Christenen is believed to have moved to Michigan. They sold off all of their parts including, customer parts, and probably my engine as well.

Please make sure you have no dealings with these people! And, if anyone has any information on where to find them, please let me know ASAP. We are in contact with the Florida State's Attorney's office and are commencing criminal proceedings. Lastly, if anyone has any information RE an RZ500 motor recently changing hands from FL, please be aware that the motor is stolen property. Obviously any purchaser is an innocent victim like me and I will work with you to put Mr. Christensen behind bars where he belongs.

I can be reached at skimickey@hotmail.com or (303) 809-3790. Thanks again for any help you can provide.

Mickey Krupa