In memory of Mickey Krupa

Working together to finish Mickey's RZ500!

Moderator: rztom

dennis860

Mickey R.I.P.

#46 Post by dennis860 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:42 am

Sorry about your loss.

Mickey shared the passion for riding RZ500's

like we all have in this owners group.

Sure makes me appreciate every ride I have left.

Dennis

www.rz500.net
I am just an average fellow trying to enjoy my time off from work.

this old rz

#47 Post by this old rz » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:36 am

Cancer just SUCKS! Your brother looked like a he really loved the time he was here with you :smt023 ,and I hope from his example his children learned how to live and enjoy what life has to offer..no matter how short it may be . I can tell he was young,too young. I lost my cousin,raised as close to a brother to me as could be he had a brain tumor at 21 yrs old,now my wife is having her own battle,treatable so far and I hope it stays that way! What really impresses me most from your short,posts and pictures is his obvious determination to not live..but to enjoy life while he was here.that says alot about who he was and you must be so proud of him :goodman:

aaronmvrider

#48 Post by aaronmvrider » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:23 pm

..... with out any shit talk ... this has to be my most visited thread... it restores human spirit without prejudice to any total strangers ... it is unique to our 2 stroke congregation of motor cycle worshipers.... more power to us

i love the sight of new cranks and seals... its a sign of new beginnings

my god rides a f*cken 2 stroke
Last edited by aaronmvrider on Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
my rides
rz 500 1984
2 x rz 350 1984
mv agusta f4 1000 2004

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#49 Post by Ronnie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:47 pm

I agree! the sight of two shiney new cranks brings a warm glow :grin: !

jak167
- - - - -
- - - - -

#50 Post by jak167 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:06 pm

old rz,

Yup, its sucks royally! Looks like everythings going ok with your wife. We're pulling for both of you as well.

RE Mickey's love of life, you've got it 100% right! Even after becoming a quad he still enjoyed his life (he put numerous race/ski/bike stickers on his powered wheelchair). That's why I decided to create the non-for-profit Mickey's Madmen, Inc. in his honor to try to help other disabled and terminally ill people try to capture that same feeling.

All we can do is never forget him and what he meant to and did for others, and try to live up to his example.

John

BRIAN TURFREY

#51 Post by BRIAN TURFREY » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:40 pm

Hi to all. Just a quick note to say a "REAL'' and i mean a real big thanks to all the people all over the world. "I mean all over the world" England, to New Zealand to Spain to Germany to Canada to here in the USA that have stepped up and helped John and myself out with this project. :grin: Mickey would be so happy to know that you are all great friends.
Thank you all.

Brian

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#52 Post by rzatch » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:41 am

It is amazing sometimes how things work out. This whole deal started out in a worst case possible scenario and has turned into one of the best things that could have ever happened. Considering the logistics of some of it the time frame is unreal. I know when it’s all said and done I’m taking a drive a half an hour north to see it in the flesh! :grin: And at this rate I won’t have to wait long. :smt023

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#53 Post by Ronnie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:21 am

Most of us on here, including me, didn't know and never met Mickey. However, we were all touched by this sad event. Life can be cruel sometimes. We've all had a stark reminder of that with Mickey and it jolted our own sense of mortality.

Mickey may have gone but his memory will live on through his family and with help from this great worldwide community of ours, through his beloved RZ as well.

We all look forward to seeing pics of the finished bike knowing that many of us contributed in completing Mickeys dream.

RIP Mickey. :smt023

rztom
Site Admin

#54 Post by rztom » Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:34 am

Special thanks to Karl and Andy for their recent donations... awesome! :cool:

jak167
- - - - -
- - - - -

#55 Post by jak167 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:21 pm

I echo Brian's statements wholeheartedly!!

Everyone's been great! Taking the time to educate a two-stroke novice (I only raced four-stroke when younger) and donating time, money, and parts, shows the quality of people here.

rzatch,

Yeah it still feels a bit unreal right now. Beside juggling all my other stuff, trying to keep on top of the build has been daunting, rewarding, but daunting. You're welcome to come up anytime to visit. We can go for a ride (I'll use the RZ350). Where are you BTW?

Ronnie,

Thank you for your sentiments. I said it earlier and I'll repeat myself. It seems the best people I meet, whether from racing, dirt biking, or just watching racing are motorcyclists. I'm not talking about the wanna be Harley riders, I'm talking about the enthusiasts. Those that will labor incessantly to get just the right adjustment, or part, or tune on their ride. We are all crazy, but I like our kind of crazy!! :supz:

Thank you Karl and Andy!!

Later,
John
Years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
-Mark Twain

Long Live Mickey!!