Just because...

Sub forum for V-Due owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Blackshaheen

Just because...

#1 Post by Blackshaheen » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:37 pm

...it's so bloody sexy!

I thankyou Bimota, even though I don't think I could live with one? Anybody living with one here??? Would love to hear about the 'nuts and bolts' of life with this beauty.

D.

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#2 Post by Vin » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:21 pm

It is a nice looking bike :cool:

But those pipes are just stupid :sad:

gpaddict

#3 Post by gpaddict » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:20 pm

+1 on the pipes, they just drop out of nowhere! :vom:

smurph
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by smurph » Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:54 pm

I wouldn't kick her out of bed... :grin:
Fuel Injected RZ350

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by rzatch » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:35 pm

Blackshaheen

#6 Post by Blackshaheen » Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:39 am

Agreed on the pipes, they take some getting used to. I wonder what the thinking was...or is it just Bimota being Bimota :grin: Gotta love 'em.

Thanks for the link mate! Must have missed it first time around.
The last post in that link is 2 years old...any more miles under the belt? How is she these days if you don't mind?
Cheers,
D.

Erm...make that 3 years. I can't count!

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#7 Post by rzatch » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:43 am

Still sitting in the corner of the garage. Has new dust on it though, does that coumt???

AKCoop

#8 Post by AKCoop » Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:01 am

CORNER OF THE GARAGE!!!! Not on a display stand or in the living room.

Just kidding, What a beautiful bike. This bike is near the top of my list along with a R1 SP.

Just post a pic for us every winter so we can all drool.

elkcore

#9 Post by elkcore » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:35 am

Here is mine!

After some time i get used to these pipes.

When i purchased it, i made so experiments with the exhausts!

looks nice without the endcans.

I believe the nicest exhaust ever built were made of brian turfrey.
If someone own one of these masterpieces and would sell please contact me!
TWOSTROKE500 A SITE DEDICATED TO ALL 500 TWOSTROKE BIKES

rzatch
- - - - -
- - - - -

#10 Post by rzatch » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:56 am

Yes much better without the end cans. I saw the pipes Brian made a few years ago but the all went to europe so they are in your neck of the woods now. A search should find them as I don't think there were any takers at the time. Probably collecting dust somewhere. In the last pic where are your end cans?

elkcore

#11 Post by elkcore » Thu Jan 27, 2011 3:38 am

No endcans mounted :grin:

There are silencers under the seat and the endcans are only mounted to reduce the noise level (and take some power).

Noiselevel is extremly after disassembling, but as i wrote after some time you get used to the original ones.

ebbed

#12 Post by ebbed » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:58 pm

Hey Elkcore

The article I posted on the Bimota mentions a number of reliability problems, particularly the two-stroke injection system that never worker properly. Any reliability issues you have had with this beauty?

Performance-wise, the article mentions 100 bhp at 9000 rpm. Would you agree with the figure? Have you driven a RZ500 and can you compare the difference in performance?

elkcore

#13 Post by elkcore » Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:02 am

Hi!

The original injection system does not work, it´s true. The bike comes alive, runs very poor and if you take the change to ride it, there´s absolutley nothing under 5000revs, about 7000 and the motor comes in a range where the mapping of the injection system works and then PEENNGG the limiter hits you hard at 9500. After max. 15min the new iridium sparks quit their work and then the fun is over.
There´s a "optimized" chip available for the original configuration, also other injectors, but that´s all big *****. You loose your money for absolutley nothing.
Thats all to say about the original injection system.

There´s also an indirect injection available, which injects the fuel into the intake tunnel (behind the throttle valve body). This system is installed into my bike right now. The bike stops eating spark plugs. Under 3000 it reminds me of my ducati days with my ultra light flywheel. Then the motor awakes and pulls clean to 7000. After that it gets uncontrolable. The Due raises it front high in the air, the motor explodes and till you reach the shifting arm there´s about 11.000revs on the counter. The Due speeds up like a dance with the devil. While shifting up you can´t concentrate on the speedo and when you beat in the sixth gear 250km/h lie behind you.
Ok, this sounds great, but this where all the goodies.
The best comparison is my tuned RG500. Got a GHN gearbox in it, carbon fibre rotary valves with 8° more opening angle, JL exhausts and optimized gear ratio for acceleration. It lies far above my RD500 (with optimized motor, Mikuni TM-30 and JL exhausts).
The acceleration to 8000-9000 is about the same (VDue to RG) but then the Due hits you harder.

None the less there are many faults built into the VDue (EVERY VERSION, MINE IS ONE OF THE LAST GENERATION!!!) and it´s better to overwork the whole motor otherwise it´s to risky for me to drive.

And for all the "know-it-all"s, these are my personal impressions. I cannot compare to other Dues, only to other RGs.

Cheers!

Martin

Jeff B

#14 Post by Jeff B » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:16 pm

You forgot to tell us how she feel leaned right over! Do you spin rear tire to get around the corners like the GP bikes of old?