Re: rs500v2 hybrid

#46 Post by silverstrom » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:40 pm

Yes please.

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#47 Post by rd84 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:41 am

Keep going, we're watching and listening if not always talking - fascinating stuff !!

Cheers
Paul

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#48 Post by Vin » Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:05 am

Great build looking forward to hearing her fire up :cool:

EYREY1

#49 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:55 pm

last pics were when i was sorting front engine carrier
bit of a mod but welded up and sorted
only had to move the front mount for the engine and weld some tube on

EYREY1

#50 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:57 pm

this is when kenny was making the pipes
i used him as i have his exhausts on my rs250 aprilia and my tzr250 3xv and they are spot on

EYREY1

#51 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:00 pm

got the bike back and knew it was time to strip and build the engine properly
striped engine to get cranks out so i can get the big ends changed , daft not to while its
in bits !
engine cases have all the new mods done the drilled oil ways over sized crank bearings and bigger stronger crank seals
again all changed for new , the rods i used are std v-due rods but im going to take them out next winter and swap for some that are 350 euro each but i can run pre mix then and block up the crank oil feeds and the new rods have a slash like a normal bike so 2 stroke oil can get into it
once i do that the engines are as good as latest spec.
this lad tyr'd to show my mate how fast he was on sunday
there is an 8ft drop into the water ,lol
Last edited by EYREY1 on Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EYREY1

#52 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:01 pm

i will catch up then !
lost a lot of interest in the bike but still doing bits
after finding the crank was shot
cranks felt ok on the engine with cranks in situ
but thought get them stripped and checked
found this
each crank has an oil feed from the pump it goes through the rod into the web and into the sealed big end bearing
up through the con rod into little end bearing , like this ,if you look at where the big end is on the con rod you can see the tiny hole that feeds oil to the small end , next time it gets re built it will be getting normal rods that are adapted off another bike, but i can run pre mix then as it will have the appropriate hole for normal lube system
the engine has all the other mods to run pre mix and also to make the bike reliable
so as you can expect ,they are not cheap , so i need a con rod ,big end bearing and big end pin with oil ways
all bespoke v due parts

EYREY1

#53 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:02 pm

anyway i bought the con rod kit and had them shipped from germany
ta da !! my mate bryan stripped and rebuilt them for me
hmmm i have everything new to build this engine at last !

EYREY1

#54 Post by EYREY1 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:21 pm

after 12 months of collecting the best mk1 rs250 parts from all over the world i decided i have a mk1 rs250 ,and to look out for and buy mk2 forks as they are a good bit better , but as always a lot harder than it seems !
to fit forks you need yokes top and bottom then front wheel doesnt fit so got a mk2 front wheel but they dont have a speedo drive like mk 1 so need mk2 clocks ,speedo pick up is on rear caliper carrier on a mk2 so needed one of those ,brembo calipers dont fit so need mk2 calipers clocks dont fit mk1 front subframe ,then the body work im getting is only available in mk2 so have to change rear subframe mk 2 is ally not steel like mk1 ,then the 2 stroke tank and rad overflow are at the front of the frame spars near radiator and mk1 loom doesnt plug into the clocks and i will need another feed for speeo pick up at the back , and a few more things ,but i think you get the picture . oh nearly forgot the tsa pipes i just had made the top one will need big mods to make it fit new body work .even new seats
i have now bought everything mk2 to convert it ! yeh
and the big expense means im getting the bike i want not a make do ,lol
but i will still put ohlins on it front and back when the money recovers a bit
the engine will be all new only crankcases were used and cranks ,but had those totally re built

got loads of mk1 mint parts to sell now so pm me if you want to buy most of a bike lol

EYREY1

#55 Post by EYREY1 » Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:55 pm

never thought i would get all the missing parts
as these bikes are ultra rare only 340 ish in the world
i mean i consider a ducati desmo to be a rare bike but didnt they make 1500 of those ?
anyway i did what i set out to do
engine built
complete new dry clutch is nice
these engines are a cracking bit of kit cassette gearbox with straight cut gears ,i think all the gears on the bike are straight thinking back
dry clutch , its like a big bang engine both pistons are at the top at the same time and both fire together ,
one crank is counter rotating ,o-ring heads ,barrels made by technol same company aprilia use to make there rsw,rsv factory race bike cylinders or used to before the 4 strokes

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

#56 Post by rd84 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:14 pm

Beautiful ! - congratulations - a very nice moment for you I would imagine !

Cheers
Paul

EYREY1

#57 Post by EYREY1 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:05 pm

rd84 wrote:Beautiful ! - congratulations - a very nice moment for you I would imagine !

Cheers
Paul

i will never forget it once it happens ,ive been at this 14 months now
to tell the truth i never thought i would have the money to own a 500 ,everything is bloody expensive and i think ive only managed to get one as i have saved and bought it in bits and if i had saved 10k plus to buy one done it would have been spent as soon as a nice 250 race rep popped up
it gets to a point where you have invested a lot of money and 1 little piece could be the difference between a running engine and a nice ornament,
i bought a few extra parts as i have been going along collecting , i bought 4 new barrels 2 to use and 2 to have as spares that i might get tuned if im not happy with it ,all the bearings can be bought off the shelf if you have the numbers same as the crank seals ,i have a spare set of those as well , 2 spare pistons but going to get 4 more when the bike is done , just so it can be used as it was intended [to get thrashed ] lol
barrels can be replated as well so this lot plus a few more things should keep the value of the bike up as if it breaks its rs250 stuff that can be got or it will already be in the spares box . i need to buy a spare gearbox but im in talks for one at the minute .

i will be gutted if i have trouble starting it , but we have all been there
you deffo have to be daft or rich to build or own a 500 2 stroke bike and im not rich !
more pics soon

Vin
- - - - -
- - - - -

#58 Post by Vin » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:52 am

Lovely looking motor, how far are you away to firing her up?

EYREY1

#59 Post by EYREY1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:42 pm

if i got stuck in about a day off i think

EYREY1

#60 Post by EYREY1 » Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:48 pm

found an rs250 mk2 that was being broken for parts it only had 3000 miles on from new
so bought everything i needed from that . nothing is cheap ,lol
so took all the mk1 parts off the bike and started to fit the mk2 stuff
mk2 front end is on
the tyre thats on is the wrong size and sat in the wheel rim and not blown up , the front will be a good 2 inches higher as front pot is quite low
it looks worse in the pics than it actually is , and rear is being lifted 40mm ,plus yokes need lifting an inch and a half
engine is sort of back in
ally shiney ally mk2 rear subframe