V-due ripoff?

Sub forum for V-Due owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Keysdave

V-due ripoff?

#1 Post by Keysdave » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:59 pm

I have seen the v-due, loooks good, i guess Bimota didnt have the resources to do the job right. They should of worked with Mercury outboards to get it right. I hope another manufacture decides to make a clean 2 stroke super bike, I will buy one!
RG500
RG400
RZ500
RZ350

this old rz

Re: V-due ripoff?

#2 Post by this old rz » Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:08 am

Keysdave wrote:I have seen the v-due, loooks good, i guess Bimota didnt have the resources to do the job right. They should of worked with Mercury outboards to get it right. I hope another manufacture decides to make a clean 2 stroke super bike, I will buy one!
These machines were not for your average enthusiast..there for people with deep,deep pockets. The fuel injection issue,has been overcome by many. Bimota did what NO OTHER company in the world did,I think a decade before Mercury?..they built THE ONLY modern 2 stroke with their very own in house engine & direct injection reportedly over 7 years of development,I have no idea what the costs of a 100% ground up bike development & production costs :smt017 ,Im guessing 10 million dollars and up at a minimum? thats mega coin for a small manufacturer..they tried their best to give the people what they wanted..but it was too soon,too expensive, They wee one of the 1st companies to incorporate FI on race bikes,but the 2 stroke wasnt a easy challenge. Sorry to say,their passion for this machine cost them their life :-x In addition to the FI hicups,the bikes were fragile in almost every way. Original production bikes were fragile and in true racing 2 stroke fashion ,did not last more than a 2-3 thousand miles before requiring total rebuilds amongst many other issues.
Alot of people ,who didnt have extended deep pockets bought these and suffered greatly,thats nothing new with Bimotas...lol Just because a person could buy one doesnt neccesarilly mean one can afford one...lol Think PORSCHE/FERRARI same rules apply...to keep one,and keep one correctly in many if not most cases requires many,many thousands of dollars be spent annually maintainig them. I have some friends whom have bought Porsches and a Cheapo Ferrari 328s etc.....when they broke...there was NO WAY they could afford to repair them. Engines running $15,000-$30,000,Transaxles @ 10k +,etc.. it goes on and on.
Bimotas like the above mentioned cars are just,that have to be viewed in person to see the utter beauty and craftsmanship,there trick beautiful,delicate things that require alot of time effort ,tears and money to keep,if they dont get all this,they make you pay ...dearly....so similar to our women...lol That is why the Italian machines...frankley HAVE NO EQUAL...there built by men whom are creating machines that have the same aura and sex appeal and passion as their women.
The FI bikes IMO will be the bikes that will command the big $ in the future,as it was the beauty that killed the beast...lol
Motorcycles & Cars Where even a brain dead monkey can build something as equally cool as a millionare, gotta love it

Ivan_Ahrde

#3 Post by Ivan_Ahrde » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:24 am

Totally agree but add to :
Just because a person could buy one doesnt neccesarilly mean one can afford one...lol
What actually happens is that for fear of mechanical failure it does not get used and therefore enters the category of a fine piece of art (which it is :smile: ) like a painting which someone takes care of for future generations to marvel at. It also appreciates in value during ownership, usually faster than investing money elsewhere.

I totally agree that if you want to use it you must be a particular kind of enthusiast with very, very deep pockets and a good technical and engineering understanding because you may have to pay to get 'one off' parts remanufactured because the number made was so small that parts will never be produced in quantity.

Keysdave

#4 Post by Keysdave » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:57 pm

Yes i would fear mechanical failure and the great expense to fix it, then it could happen again, I would be afraid to ride it for financial reasons. To me, its a painting or piece of art.
RG500
RG400
RZ500
RZ350