Tapatalk

News on forum updates, enhancements and/or special announcements

Moderator: rztom

rzmad

Tapatalk

#1 Post by rzmad » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:03 pm

Hello, I don't know if this is possible but some forums support a iphone app called Tapatalk which allows you to view and reply to forums via the app on your iphone. Would love it if it could be setup on this forum!

rztom
Site Admin

#2 Post by rztom » Fri Aug 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Hmmmm - being one who avoids anything Apple, I dunno.... we'll have to look into that one :cool:

Gary Papesh
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Gary Papesh » Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:04 am

Maybe an online chat via Skype?
The man who dies with the biggest carbon footprint WINS !!!

rzmad

#4 Post by rzmad » Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:37 am

I am a PC man through and through but do own an iphone.

Just incase you know nothing about tapatalk, it's an app to view and post on forums. I used to be on the ukbeg forum until a couple days ago - long story - and used it for that forum. I don't know what is involved? But it's a good way to post / read when you are not online. Having said all that I am aware that this forum is much less used and often quite quiet.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

Forum owners: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

Q: What's the point of this app if my members can access my site with mobile skin at no cost?
A: We received a lot of feedback from users that they want a dedicated app on their smartphone. Most users are contented with the mobile skin or a standard web browser but some of them would appreciate a full-on native app on their phone. For example Tapatalk app allows user to upload photo directly from their phone to your forum as an image attachment. We are also rolling out Push Notification support so it helps your members to stay in touch with your forums while on-the-go.