Club fundraising raffle - Enter now!!

News on forum updates, enhancements and/or special announcements

Moderator: rztom

rztom
Site Admin

Club fundraising raffle - Enter now!!

#1 Post by rztom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:01 am

OK guys - Roger from Wicked Motorsports and I have been working on a club fundraising idea for a couple of months and I think we've got it ready to try out. I'm posting this here on the 500 side as I know many of you own several bikes and you may have an RZ/RD 350 in your stable that could use what's being raffled off.... :cool:

We're going to hold a raffle where the winning number drawn will receive a Wicked Motorsports CNC-machined Billet RZ350 Torque Head that Roger has put up for grabs.

This beautiful piece of hardware retails for $349.99 through Wicked Motorsports.

Buy-in for a raffle entry will only cost you $25 USD. If we draw your raffle number, you get a hell of a deal... :twisted:

We're planning to do the draw during the upcoming Southern California 2-Stroker's 15th Annual Two-Stroke Extravaganza event that'll be held on Sunday, Sept. 23rd at Wicked Motorsports. We're gonna try and get some video of the draw too....

Details on how to get involved:
If you want in on this deal, it'll be a $25 USD donation. Easiest way to pay is via Paypal.

For those who may wish to pay using a check or money order, PM me for details.

Draw will be during the Two-Stroke Extravaganza event at Roger's shop, Sept. 23rd. Winner announced here.

If you have a Paypal account, all you have to do is hit the "Send Money" tab and plug in my email address - rztom@rzrd500.com

And, due to Paypal's policy of frowning on money sent for "gaming" purposes, don't put the word "Raffle" in the payment anywhere - but DO put the word "Wicked" in the message box. That way I'll know exactly what it's for. Also, make sure to include both your name and your forum nickname.

Questions?
Last edited by rztom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

rztom
Site Admin

#2 Post by rztom » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:02 am

------------------------------- Roger's product description ------------------------------

After working on 2-stroke engines for the past 20 years, Wicked Motorsports decided to produce the last aftermarket head you will ever need for your Yamaha RZ350. Wicked Motorsports took into consideration all the flaws found in other aftermarket heads in the industry and developed their flawless one-piece, interchangeable dome head.

Wicked Motorsports discovered the average head has air pockets causing hot spots in the combustion and cylinder chamber. Wicked eliminated that problem by chambering the flow pattern and having the coolant flow through all the chambers around the domes. This forces the coolant flow through the cylinder walls and through the dome area, then out the cylinder head. The end result is a cooler running head and cylinder. Wicked Motorsports did not just stop there.

- POWER: Improves all-around power band and increases horsepower. Offers great options to recess domes for +4mm,+7mm or +10mm stroker motors! (Depending on engine applications)

- ONE PIECE: One piece head with interchangeable domes to improve the strength and structure over the flimsy standard factory RZ350 head.

- HEAT: Dissipates heat from cylinder and head with proper flow patterns. Features built-in thermostat mount in the factory location!

- FEWER HEADACHES: Bolt on! Only requires 8 o-rings, which stay in location during assembly without falling out!

- MINIMIZED: No cylinder stud changing required. You can use the factory studs without having to remove them. Bolt-on design!

- COMBUSTION CHAMBER: Domes available in 15cc - 26cc. Custom domes also available by request with an additional fee.

ALL HARDWARE INCLUDED + DOMES of CHOICE: 64mm - 70mm bores. Specify what piston you are running and we will supply the matching dome for your motor - No extra charge!

Last but not least... These heads are “WICKEDâ€￾ looking!!!

rztom
Site Admin

#3 Post by rztom » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:28 am

Here is the current list of those who have thrown their hat into the ring so far.... 8-)

1. L.B.................Jason Willett
2. L.B.................Jason Willett
3. Morty.............Graham Morton
4. steveloomis...Steve Loomis
5. Old Racer.......Dave King
6. Tom B.............Tom Barnard
7. Tom B.............Tom Barnard
8. silverstrom.....John Bourgeois
9. RuZty..............Russ Gregg
10. intrudin.........Jim Dainty
11. slow86gn......John Dumas
12. stevef...........Steve Flanagan
13. Off Road.......Steve Brownlee
14. South_Oz......Dave Bolger
15. drag-rd..........Andrew Kratz
16. RuZty.............Russ Gregg
17. Neroneuman..Sanjeevi Vijayakumar
18. 2smoke..........Colin Wood

* CLOSED *
Last edited by rztom on Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

rztom
Site Admin

#4 Post by rztom » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:12 am

Just updated the list with the latest entries. One week to go guys... time to pony up to the bar and lay down your raffle entries.... :smt028

rztom
Site Admin

#5 Post by rztom » Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:34 am

OK, we're up to an even dozen entries now. Only two days left to get in on this deal before we close the door. Drawing will be this coming Sunday :smt023

rztom
Site Admin

#6 Post by rztom » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:54 am

OK... entries are now closed. Drawing will be later today. Good luck, fellas!! :grin:

rztom
Site Admin

#7 Post by rztom » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:26 am

OK.... here it is. Winner of the raffle is .... #6 - Tom B - Tom Barnard !!! :smt041

Video link of raffle draw is below. Quality of video/audio is poor due to my stupidity :smt012 (turn your volume up all the way on your computer and hopefully you will be able to hear us...I suggest you watch it full screen) .I used a Go-Pro low-def camera, only to learn after the draw that Roger had a hi-def camera available in his shop... DOH :smt011

We will make sure that doesn't happen next time...

Video presented to verify the drawing actually took place - me on the left, Roger on the right, babe picking the numbered ball in the middle.

CONGRATS TO TOM BARNARD FOR THE WINNING ENTRY.. !!!!

Tom, you need to PM me your mailing address so Roger can get your new billet head sent off to you....

Many thanks to all who signed up for this deal. We had an awesome response. And a tip of the helmet to Roger of Wicked Motorsports, who kicked-down the billet head at his cost to help generate some operating expenses for our passion - our international love of 2-strokes and our continued camaraderie thru this club.... you guys rule..!!!

More pics from the event to follow.... youtube link to the raffle draw video HERE....

http://youtu.be/fdT6dFsrauQ