Dumbass!

News on forum updates, enhancements and/or special announcements

Moderator: rztom

Blackshaheen

#16 Post by Blackshaheen » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:13 am

Bloody hell Ronnie!!!!
Is there anything that you do by halves or is absolutely everything you do got to be to the extreme???????????????????

Get well soon mate, titanium ANYTHING always softens the blow. :cool:

rztom
Site Admin

#17 Post by rztom » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 pm

Blackshaheen wrote:Get well soon mate, titanium ANYTHING always softens the blow.
I say we start a raffle draw to see who will get Ronnie's TI bits when they pull them out !! Plates and screws can be adapted to a motorcycle in many creative ways.... :twisted:

I'm sure many of us feel your pain, from our own past experiences with broken legs (I snapped a femur in a classic left-turning-car meets motorcycle scene), and I say take it REAL easy for the first 8 weeks, then make sure to do your rehab exercises religiously. I was off a bike for a year, but once I threw that leg back over the saddle it was all good again...:cool:

Rest up Ronnie so you are able to get back on your bike again soon (or maybe I should have said "get back on the bath remodel..." - does the wife read this?? :shock:)

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#18 Post by Ronnie » Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 am

I plan to rest up tom. This is has certainly reminded me how fragile we are and we take our health for granted. I've been ordered not to walk for at least 6 weeks, possibly 8 so it's affecting all of us. When I was 17 i had a compound fracture of my left femur from which a pulmonary embolism developed that very nearly killed me, at 19 i broke my collar bone and fractured my skull, at 22 i broke 2 vertabrae in my neck and destroyed my right tib and fib having 16 screws and 2 titanium plates fitted. Those injuries were bad but far easier to deal with at a young age. Now i'm 46 and i've damaged the same tib and fib, it just seems harder. Probably because of the increased responsibilities we have when we're older such as a wife, a 4 year old and a 2 year old child, mortgage, bills etc etc.... :sad:

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#19 Post by Ronnie » Mon May 07, 2012 9:13 am

How do i make an image smaller for an avatar? Can't seem to work it out. :smt102

bolly
- - - - -
- - - - -

#20 Post by bolly » Mon May 07, 2012 10:13 am

easy way open the pic file in paint, goto image, stretch/skew, start with 50% in horiz and vert, then ok, then file/save as... change the filename or it will overwrite your original image... which you don't want...

rztom
Site Admin

#21 Post by rztom » Mon May 07, 2012 10:19 am

Ronnie - "you have mail" as the saying goes. I did a quick resize for you - see if that'll work.... :cool:

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#22 Post by Dubsey » Mon May 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Jesus Christ
just seen the pic :shock:
Mediocrity is a sin !

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#23 Post by Ronnie » Mon May 07, 2012 6:55 pm

Well done Tom! that fixed it :smt023

Andrew
- - - - -
- - - - -

#24 Post by Andrew » Thu May 10, 2012 11:03 am

Bummer!
But think on the bright side... since the bathroom is under renovation, installing a hoist to get you in and out the bath won't make much mess :grin:

I did the same thing to my leg a few years ago but I picked a roadside hedge to fall into. Tib & Fib both broken in two places :sad: It put me on my ass for 6 months. I even got my neighbour to kick start my bike when I wanted to go for a ride :cool:
My metalwork was removed after 2 years

Image[/img]

Get well soon.
Andy (UK)
RZV500R
FRC
Faster Faster !!!

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#25 Post by Ronnie » Thu May 10, 2012 2:05 pm

Ouch! That looks nasty! :sad: I don't know how long my metal will be in. I don't really want it left in there. I'm going to the hospital tomorrow to get my staples out which means cutting the plaster off to get to them. There's about 30. They say it doesn't hurt when they pull them out! I think i'll be the judge of that!!! Still, i'm looking forward to seeing my leg again.

Dubsey
- - - - -
- - - - -

#26 Post by Dubsey » Thu May 10, 2012 2:30 pm

Andrew - Ronnie.....OUCH !!!!!!!
Mediocrity is a sin !

khrd

#27 Post by khrd » Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:14 am

hope alls well now ronnie and andrew, your in good company, i remember james haydon having a bathroom 'incident' a few years back that kept him out of the bsb races, mind you sean emmet was trying to fix his teeth with a file after attempting to 'floor dive' at a nightclub.

if you've seen emmet you'll know about his teeth!!
If it aint smoking its seizing

Ronnie
- - - - -
- - - - -

#28 Post by Ronnie » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:27 am

khrd wrote:hope all's well now ronnie......
Thanks. It's 7 months since the break and while I'm obviously up and about it's not right. It was already far from 100% from a previous break there and this one didn't help matters at all. I'll have a permanent reminder for the rest of my life everytime I walk.

The titanium plates and screws are still in but they'll have to come out as the screws are so close to the surface I knock them all the time and believe me that stings!

Blackshaheen

#29 Post by Blackshaheen » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:26 am

How much do you want for the plates :-?

Keysdave

#30 Post by Keysdave » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:25 pm

Wow Ronnie sorry to hear about that, but I guess your ok now? I have some Ti in my bones, acl went out and i cant even remember how I did it. The doctor could not understand why it didnt bother me? They put a cadaver tendon back in and screwed it in with Ti screws that will stay there forever. I skipped the rehab and never wore the brace. Is good now.
RG500
RG400
RZ500
RZ350