factory correct paint and sticky clutch

Sub forum for RG400/RG500 owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Hodgey3

factory correct paint and sticky clutch

#1 Post by Hodgey3 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:32 am

Hi

I've just bought a RG500, originally registered in Germany, and I'm trying to find out if the colour scheme is factory correct. I've seen similar versions with black seats, white belly pan and black wheels. Which is different to mine and I don't know which one is correct or why they're different.

Also the bike had been standing for years and when it starts up and first gear is selected the clutch seems to be sticking. Is this a result of the plates stuck together and can be rectified with plate and spring replacement?

Thanks
Peter
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (91.89 KiB) Viewed 2322 times

re5rotary
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: factory correct paint and sticky clutch

#2 Post by re5rotary » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:50 am

Hi the plates may just be stuck together because the bike has been stitting. Try pulling the clutch lever in and holding it in whilst 'blipping' the throttle. This may free them, other wise a strip and clean will probably sort them regards Terry

Rick Lance

#3 Post by Rick Lance » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:09 am

The original colors were white pans and black seats and wheels. I always preferred the black pan with this model and white wheels. The red seat looks OK to me. When you get the clutch to free up you will find that a normal RG clutch tends to misbehave and drag. I have a cure for that. http://www.lancegamma.com
If I disagree with everyone, that doesn't make me right. If I take the side of only one, it doesn't end the fight. If my position's strong enough from exposure to the light, you may see things my way when we share the same highway.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#4 Post by pstamper » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:51 am

After watching Unrideables again which one is mine?