NS400R on display.

Sub forum for NS400R owners and enthusiasts

Moderator: rztom

Speed Freak
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: NS400R on display.

#31 Post by Speed Freak » Thu Nov 10, 2016 6:29 pm

This one is printed on white vinyl - Honda stickers are printed on gold metallic or blue metallic (like the paint) vinyl.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-NS400R- ... OkuGzHAF0g" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rddecal.com where i got the RD500 stickers is doing it right (printing on different vinyl colors).

Maybe on the side belly pan this stickers are already used, you can see that there is something wrong, the printed gold is quite flat, no metallic look compared to the original stickers on the rear and tank.

If I find someone with an original NS400R I think I will reproduce the belly pan stickers by my own.

And i got the crankshaft yesterday.
Middle conrod big end bearing failed - not too bad, this is the only crank pin which is a seperate part and it`s easy to replace.
Conrod is damaged, so I need a new one, the other 2 look quite good (needs to be measured) and the crank pins look like new.
Only thing that worrys me a bit is the area where the main bearings are located. The crankshaft seems to be too soft in this are, it`s completely worn out.
Maybe it`s a bit of a challenge... Trying to get this fixed with the TIG welder from a friend and remachine it :smt004

But this is all work for later - parts of the original engine will get cleaned, oiled and going into a box until I finished my RD500.
Enough time to find some NOS spare parts for this crankshaft.

My bikes:
RD500 YPVS 1GE
RD350 YPVS 31K 1985
Honda CBR 1000 RR SC57
Yamaha R1 RN04