Classic Brit Stroker

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

podman

Classic Brit Stroker

#1 Post by podman » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:30 pm

Admittedly a more mundance and humdrum over something like a Scott

My Dad bought a partially restored 1967 BSA Bantam D7 July, used it until end of September and become smitten with it!

Today we finally managed to finally refit his refurbed wheels back in the bike, a couple of the parts we bought from (apparently) reputable brit bike suppliers didnt fit and caused a lot of heartache , more money getting them to fit and much going to and forth and all the delay that caused....we was also borrowing a friends bench for a "few weeks"...

The "recommended" front tyre didnt fit in the front mudguard, so had to be changed, every day is a learning day but with a new to me British bike and Dad forgetting some of what he had learned from back in the day, it was even more so....we now have some Whitworth spanners thou!

The wheels we had done as the chrome was falling off and the hubs turning to powder, seeing as the rest of the bike had been restored they was an eyesore, with everything refinished now inc new rims, spokes , sprocket, cables etc it looks very posh.

It has a lot of charm, of course its not fast (60 tops) but on the nearby roads, in the right frame of mind wafting along on it is very enjoyable and Dad loves meeting up with like minded owners, its quite a conversation piece as our RDs are too.

I was astonished when it fired first kick with some fresh fuel in it after a 7 month lay up, Dad was stoked to get it home as I was.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

rd84
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: Classic Brit Stroker

#2 Post by rd84 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Beautiful looking bike and great restoration work.

Cheers
Paul

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by silverstrom » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:08 pm

What a fantastic looking bike. Getting to work with your dad is priceless. Enjoy both.

podman

#4 Post by podman » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Thanks gents, certainly was a more enjoyable experience for doing it with Dad.

Incredibly it was only a couple of years ago aged 70 he decided to pass his bike test! Since then and despite a lot of ill health he has bought 2 bikes, is now looking for a third, hes been to the Isle of Man TT twice, been to many BSB race meetings and lapped Donnigton Park(mainly on the back wheel) as pillion with Ron Haslam...he's also been mentioned on Eurosports BSB coverage at least twice..

We think he is a bit of a legend.

[url]Image

[url]Image

[url]Image

gpaddict

#5 Post by gpaddict » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:15 am

I agree, time spent with ones dad is priceless. Glad to hear you got this time.

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by Smoker » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:48 am

@podman- Absolutely brilliant.

What a great Dad! :smt023