My original going again

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

My original going again

#1 Post by pstamper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:13 pm

Finally put my original RZ back together. New water pump seals and O-rings and no leaks. Carbs need a little tweaking but put 160 miles on it Sunday. As usual it draws a crowd. One or two people start looking at it and as I explain how old it is they are really surprised. The pipes have a great sound to them also.

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

Re: My original going again

#2 Post by silverstrom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:19 am

Brilliant looking bike. What have you done to this one? I see wheels, pipes, brakes, mirrors.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by pstamper » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:12 am

I took the carbs and air filters of this bike and put on the track bike. I installed my stock carbs and bought Wilsons filter kit. He recommended 3 up on main. Jetted to 210 and 25 pilots. Have Ivans b needles. The bike is way to rich. Pulls well at intersection and up to 3/4 throttle. Full throttle it will not rev out. Had to do some modification on back plates due to the pointer on the linkage, that aligns full throttle was rubbing. Truth be told Ricks breather kit is lighter. Will have to see how it runs after going to 200 mains.

Have Race Tech gold valves in forks, different springs, Wilbers rear shock, 520 chain, and EBC rotors and pads. I run a 110 front tire and the bike is really maneuverable. I run Michelin 2CT but they are getting a little aged. Still good tread but rubber is getting hard. We think the pipes are Tommy Crawfords. With Ricks carb the bike would rev to 12K easy. I will find my two videos of both bikes accelerating.

podman

#4 Post by podman » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:01 pm

Very nice mate, im not usually a fan of white wheels but they suit that really well.

silverstrom
- - - - -
- - - - -

#5 Post by silverstrom » Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:52 pm

Do you have a link to Rick's RZ filter kit? I don't see much RZ related on his site now, just Gamma. Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

pstamper
- - - - -
- - - - -

#6 Post by pstamper » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:20 am

It is the same as the Gamma one. He did not have one in stock to fit RZ so I had to go a different route for street bike. His filter kit is on my track bike.