Introduction

Good with a camera? Post pics of your favorite 2-stroke here!

Moderator: rztom

Grandadbelly

Introduction

#1 Post by Grandadbelly » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:33 am

Hi everybody I am new to this forum like I just joined on Saturday and I am looking forward to getting some new ideas and tips. .I have a rare rz 500 nothing radical just historically significant its engine no and frame no is 53g000005 it was the first of this model raced in the world so we were led to believe when I raced against this bike in either late February or early March in 84 it was entrusted to a very good rider by the name of Steve Ford here in Western Australia I don't think the production model was released till June 84 The bike was obseenly quick we only seen it twice during the race at the start and at the finish it just got up and went obliviously there had been plenty of private pre race practice Saying which we were mostly riding lc 350 s they were th parody bike of. Choice here in wa we could see of a well ridden 1100 Suzuki katana off we had the luxury on light weight and good Handling.There are a few differences in this bike and the production version that soon followed nothing very monumental like lower exhaust mufflers are all stainless Steel not alloy as the standard s were under the fuel tank it is all insulated with a thick silver asbestos blanket the power valve actuator is radical according to Nick at two stroke race labratory in Greece he repaired the unit for me he said he s never seen anything so wild and wanted to know what it was off I wrote a short acount of this bike for his page so any one that thought they have heard all this before you probably have any way as I said at the start Iam looking forward to sharing any info on thes bikes I ended up racing one my self back in the 80 s Regards Grandad belly

phildu31

Re: Introduction

#2 Post by phildu31 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:08 am

Hi Ian.
I saw your pics on Nick's site last year when he repaired my YPVS controller box.
By the way he did a great job and modified with it dip switches at a very fair price.

We all want to see more pics from you.
I'm sure your bike is of great interest.

Phil

Smoker
- - - - -
- - - - -

#3 Post by Smoker » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:37 pm

Pics, or it never happened!! :mrgreen:

That's a damn fine introduction. Let's see what you've got.

Curious how your bike may differ from Steve's pre-production RZ500?

Grandadbelly

#4 Post by Grandadbelly » Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:06 pm

Hi Smoker I'll attempt some pictures over the weekend at the moment I am away from my computer and sending this on my iPad . Not being tech savvy Iam struggling Regards

podman

#5 Post by podman » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:43 pm

Welcome in my friend, a great read that, would also love to see some pics of the bike.