Reprogrammable YPVS controller

Vendors can post special deals in here - Please, VENDORS ONLY

Moderator: rztom

toneless

Reprogrammable YPVS controller

#1 Post by toneless » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:14 am

I'm offering a modification that allows full access and reprogramming of your existing YPVS controller.

The cost is 35 GBP (+6 GBP worldwide postage cost).

The modified controller will have 12 dip switches in one side of the unit, that will allow control of the power valve cycle. With this mod, you will be able to set the rpms that the YPVS functions along with the range of travel.

I provide full support, tips & hints and base settings according to your engine's configuration.

This modification applies to :
RD500
RD350 YPVS
TZR250 1KT
And some late model Yamaha single cylinders.

Cheers
Nick

Ps. This is the best photo I have for now.
Keep in mind that in the photo there are 16 dip switches. I do not include the first 4 switches any more. Their only function is to convert the YPVS controller for use with a different Yamaha bike (e.g a single cylinder etc) I don't find them of any benefit as you will have to convert the wiring plug, too.

toneless

#2 Post by toneless » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:30 am

I updated the price and added a better photo.
I want to inform that I also repair non-working units.

toneless

#3 Post by toneless » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:32 am

The service is still available at a slightly lower price on both my online store (here) and through ebay auction (here).

Thanks for hosting. :grin:

lee.rd500

#4 Post by lee.rd500 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:36 am

Hi,

can you convert a TZR250 1KT controller to RZ500 spec?

Don't mind on the connectors, I can replace both (loom's & controller's) with sealed ones.

toneless

#5 Post by toneless » Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:10 pm

Yes, this is possible.
I can modify the ypvs control box with external dip switches as per the pic or internally modify the controller to the Rd/Rz500 specs.

perryml

Reparing a YPVS

#6 Post by perryml » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:41 pm

In your ebay auction you mentioned you can also repair a YPVS controller. I recently installed a brand new OEM wiring harness on my bike and when turned the key the YPVS cycle consistently for about an hour, however it does not turn over now. I have checked it with a multimeter and one of the prons in the YPVS controller is below spec. I have also gotten hold of another servo motor and will test it just to be sure. What do you charge to repair a YPVS controller? Also, my motor is unusual in that it makes about 120hp (heavily modified), can you tell me what if any advantage I could gain using your modified YPVS controller? Lastly, I am using 34mm carbs (not the usual 28mm) as the motor is modified to the point it can handle them and make good power down low. Email: ahrmamx@aol.com.

Thanks, Mike