Dry clutch kit and first gear set

Vendors can post special deals in here - Please, VENDORS ONLY

Moderator: rztom

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#16 Post by geosot » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:46 am

Many thanks for the info. Hope that you resolve soon the issues you have and make it work.

Why don't you start another thread?

It is your own project and probably you don't want to be misinterpreted as other peoples' work.

Marc Merts

dry clutch

#17 Post by Marc Merts » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:56 pm

Hi Geosot,

we have been also thinking about dry clutches for a while now and in fact a friend of mine has build one on his RZ350 powerded track bike and it works ok.

The one from PGR in holland is also known to us, but what i was wondering is how or if you made damping in the clutch to save the transmission?
If you did, where is it visible on the foto's, and if you didn't aren't you worried that in a while it will give problems to the transmission?

Kind regards,

Marc Merts.

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#18 Post by geosot » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:26 pm

What makes you think that a damper-less clutch will damage the transmission?

Do you have any studies that support that, any evidence, any examples or any even sporadic cases?

Why it does not damage the cranks or the oil pump(s)? or the kickstarter?

Several afremarket hubs for Ducatis are damper-less. Ducatis produce more power and torque than RZ500.

geosot
- - - - -
- - - - -

#19 Post by geosot » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:39 am

I have not updated this thread lately, although some major & minor improvements have been made.

Here is a pic of the kit as it is today (or a couple of weeks ago).

I mention just a couple of the changes:

1. primary runs on needle roller bearings and not a bimetalic bushing as OEM or a bearing spec sleeve (bush) as before.
2. hub is offered with fibroflex(TM) dampers
3. input shaft is longer and compulsory with the kit,
4. pushrod is one piece and can be adjusted from pressure plate side
5. an outer cover is added

Due to the short supply of used clutch covers, the kit sell strictly on (part) exchange basis with a OEM clutch cover, preferably damaged.

Billet covers is an option, cast is another one. Both have MOQ, so i can't proceed with billet or cast covers without a couple confirmed orders.