RZ500 Supplemental Petcock Kit from Lance Gamma

Vendors can post special deals in here - Please, VENDORS ONLY

Moderator: rztom

Rick Lance

RZ500 Supplemental Petcock Kit from Lance Gamma

#1 Post by Rick Lance » Fri May 04, 2012 7:16 am

It has been my experience that the RZ500 petcock is as unreliable and unable to handle today's gasoline as the Rg Gamma's miserable unit. Having produced a solution to the Suzuki's seepage some time ago, I have now turned my attention to the RZ and offer this kit. The LGRZ Petcock Kit consists of a petcock with stainless ball riding on a teflon seat which does not leak or stick, a 90dg elbow and a complete selection of carb hose (including overflow hose) to finish the install. In addition to the kit, I recommend that the stock RZ petcock be reconfigured as per the Luther mod found here http://www.rzrd500.com/500phpBB3/viewto ... ht=petcock. This allows the lever to be inverted and the vacuum line to be capped on the LF carb for one less hose to worry about. When done, flow is superior to stock and you now have a positive stop of fuel flow while retaining the reserve function of the stock system. Price for the kit is $70 with postage worldwide. PayPal to <rick@lancegamma.com>

Last edited by Rick Lance on Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gpmike51x

valve

#2 Post by gpmike51x » Sat May 05, 2012 2:09 am

installed one of these under my kitchen sink, worked excellent. No more drips.

Keysdave

#3 Post by Keysdave » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:46 am

I have these for all my RZ and RG's, nothing worse than seeing a pool of gas underneath your bike. With the gamma , those float valves are always sticking, then the petcock is always leaking, the 90 degree valve makes the fuel line bend less. Highly recommend these.
RG500
RG400
RZ500
RZ350

2smoke

Re: RZ500 Supplemental Petcock Kit from Lance Gamma

#4 Post by 2smoke » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Rick, are these still available? Can you fix the picture links? I am looking for a fix for this problem.
Colin

Rick Lance

#5 Post by Rick Lance » Sun Jan 06, 2013 10:52 pm

Yep. I have the kits in stock. What type of filter setup are you running? The kit can be configured for most any petcock position as shown.

2smoke

#6 Post by 2smoke » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

I am running the stock carb ears and bodywork, so i would be doing picture number 2.
So the teflon holds up to the gasoline ok? I think i would add a bracket to hold the new shutoff switch.
If i dont do the Luther mod and flip the old petcock, will the routing become a problem?
Thanks.
Colin

Rick Lance

#7 Post by Rick Lance » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:19 pm

You are free to devise your own routing with the kit, although the system as shown requires the (Luther modded) inverting of the fuel selector lever to clear the new location of the fuel line. YMMV. Teflon, brass and stainless steel are three of the few materials that don't break down when exposed to today's gasoline. The supplied fuel line is also very resilient stuff well suited to the task and sized properly. I have not seen a need to devise any more support for the new valve other than the brief fuel line that connects it to the stock unit. Works fine for me.

lost1750GTV
- - - - -
- - - - -

#8 Post by lost1750GTV » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:22 pm

I must thank the late Rick Lance for this post (and others).

i did the luther mod (thank you too) linked in the initial post, but that didn't mention capping the vacuum line to the lf carb.
after foolishly thinking i've had my leaks taken care of, i turned to the running problem, where it starts easily but then dies.
in the latest test it started pissing fuel again, and wouldn't stop after the fuel was switched off. basically drained a gallon of fuel from the tank through the lf overflow tube.
so along with resetting that float again, is it reasonable to assume that my not disconnecting/capping off that vacuum hose is sometimes allowing the membrane seal to be stuck in the wrong direction, allowing fuel to flow even when shut off?

the petcock (and floats) seem to work properly when blowing through the lines etc etc, so any pointers/thoughts would be appreciated before I reinstall carbs and tank. sadly my shorter running tests without the tank didn't uncover problems last time so I'm not confident they will this time either.

oh yeah, it did seem to run nice and sounded good before dying, but no load so kinda meaningless. but I was briefly pleased haha

thanks in advance. I've read the "maybe cdi gets hot" threads and others found on runs/dies type searches