Ebay Police

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

Rob

Ebay Police

#1 Post by Rob » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:52 am

I am not going to go on and on about policing ebay and I am not going to tell everyone about everytime you might get screwed on ebay (because it is all the time mostly), but be smart! A lot of stuff on ebay not including bike parts is a lot cheaper elsewhere - if you buy anything thing off ebay, search google or somewhere first and see what the rest of the world is selling it for. If it is an RZ part, check the RZ fiche (RZV500r.net) and get the part number - if it doesn't begin with 47X- then it was used on more than the RZ and you can get it anywhere - then check rivayamaha.com or partsfish.com and look up the part number and price - example - fork caps for sale on ebay for $60 are $19.99 retail and you can probably get a better price than that at a dealer as my dealer is usually 10-20% cheaper than the online places and no shipping. If the part begins with 47X- then RZ only, so post the part number on the board or call a Canadian Yamaha dealer and get a price and find out if it is NLA - if it is NLA, then the market will drive the price and your on your own, but if it isn't NLA, than just order it from Canada or one of the guys on the board.<p>These things are not cheap and parts are getting hard to find, but people to take advantage of it and things are not as bad as some would have you beleive. I have been to a couple of the bigger bike wreckers in Canada and you can still find stuff cheap!<p>Rob
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

roadkillrobert@yahoo.com