anti-dive block off plates

All former posts from our original WWWBoard forum are here

Moderators: smurph, rztom

robert

anti-dive block off plates

#1 Post by robert » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:44 pm

does anyone have a set of anti-dive block off plates for sale or know where to buy them? i'm going to refinish the front forks this winter and think it's a good time to remove the previously disconnected anti-dives. also, the bike has some clear yamaha decals that cover the front of the forks completely. anyone know where to buy decals like this?<br>thanks<br>robert
<br>
<br><hr size=3 width=75%><p>

parkside415@earthlink.net

Wyn Belorusky

Re: anti-dive block off plates

#2 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:21 am

Robert - I make anti-dive block off plates, e-mail me direct for more information.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com

Rog

#3 Post by Rog » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:25 am

Hi All<br>Wayne. I have been told that you cannot just block off the AD with a plate - needing soem oilway or similar through it. Whilst the bike has not been on the road for many years - sommat to do with using a car coming the other way as a brake... - I used to have plain plates over the AD mounts. Maybe I am not too bright - but the suspension seemed to work real well. Now maybe the plates I had were less than flat and allowed some leakage past them. Should there be an oilway in the plates and if so is a needle valve in this any advantage - allowing adjustment of flow. I am sure the answers are common knowledge, but not to me...<p>Ta<p>R
<br>

rc.key@ntlworld.com

Wyn Belorusky

#4 Post by Wyn Belorusky » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:31 pm

I make my block off plates with an oil channel.
<br>

RZVWyn@aol.com